You've just won the lottery...........

RochesterRob

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

maybe you guys should do it together! ?

That would be quite the reality show.  :lol:

I can hear my last words already.  "Joe, did you know the worst American gun ever, the Chauchat, used the exact same ammunition as that M1 carbine you're pointing at me?"

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That would be quite the reality show.  :lol:

I can hear my last words already.  "Joe, did you know the worst American gun ever, the Chauchat, used the exact same ammunition as that M1 carbine you're pointing at me?"

I don’t think @Joe in Winslow would admit to such evil thoughts......in such a public venue. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think you think entirely too highly of me. 

I didn’t say you wouldn’t DO it, I just thought you were smart enough not to put in on the interweby! 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You should visit PPP more often.

No.....I don’t think I should. Gut feeling there....

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 4:21 PM, Just Jack said:

Is that how much I can give each individual, or how much in total I can give out? I looked on the IRS website and it says $15K is the most someone can receive and not pay taxes. 

Per person over your lifetime. Yes it’s $15k per year with a max of $11.4k max over your lifetime. So you can do the lifetime max in one shot 

I don't even like my own family (There's a couple ok ones, but overall, that wouldn't be an issue), and my wife's family is awesome, and aren't necessarily hurting for money to begin with. We probably would help a couple of them out a little bit, but they're not the kind of people that would come begging. 

$10M? Probably wouldn't change what we're doing now. Pay off the house, the cars, etc. Maybe treat ourself to a nice vacation. But invest the rest. Probably half in an account for the kids that will gain 5-8 %, that they can use for college or later in life, but i would probably set a maximum they could draw per year.

Invest the other half for ourselves. Maybe use it to open a business and work for myself instead of for someone else.

Now, $100M? half a billion? Going to buy a house in the Golden Oak neighborhood in Disney - probably 3-4M. Invest half, and just live a normal life from there. I would maybe even set up a trust that my wife and I could only touch $x a year, just to protect us from ourselves. Not that I think that'd even REMOTELY be an issue, but still. I don't even need to have access to that kind of cash all at once.

23 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I would maybe even set up a trust that my wife and I could only touch $x a year, just to protect us from ourselves. Not that I think that'd even REMOTELY be an issue, but still. I don't even need to have access to that kind of cash all at once.

That's my thought too, setup a "payroll" account, where I'll live off the interest. Take a set amount each week, bi-weekly, or monthly. So I'll always have some cash coming my way and not trying to remember how I spent two million last month. 

• Like (+1) 1