You've just won the lottery...........

RochesterRob

I have a good attorney, a good accountant, and I have a good financial planner and know 2 others all who I trust, so if I cleared $10M after taxes....

I would give $9M to my financial planners... yes I would amortize $3M each to the 3 I know and give them all a 3 year trial period to make the most return, winner gets the rest from the other two... 

With the Remaining $1M... 

Pay down my higher interest debt... Student Loans, credit cards (not much on there anyways but it's higher interest), and possibly my mortgage but that's at just 3.5% so maybe not

Wipe out my parents and my wife's parents debts... screw our siblings, they can fend for themselves. 

Purchase mine and my wife's cars outright since we are still making payments on both...

Put some money into our house to fix stuff we've been holding off on, but that's probably $25-30K max... new bathroom downstairs, new roof/gutters, repaint some rooms etc...  

With all that stuff paid down, ours and our parents, some construction on the house, and cars paid we'd still have like 825K in the bank of that $1M...

Then, continue on with my life as is...

No reason to change things up, my life is really good.  I would just position myself to have a better financial outlook later in life, but for now I would just wipe out debts and get some ***** done so my wife and I can live even better off what we already make.  No need to squander the money... but I wouldn't shy away from a nice trip and some fun.

On 8/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, Nextmanup said:

Not sure what you are getting at.  You mean how would I keep the money or prevent the "deadbeats" in my own family from wanting a piece of it?

What sort of family do you come from?

Stupid premise.

Yeah, I don't get it.  Not everyone's family has trash elements.

2 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Yeah, I don't get it.  Not everyone's family has trash elements.

I would have no fear whatsoever that any member of our family would be a problem if we came across $10 mil.

If it were a $100 mil Powerball, we’d give each of the siblings a million to help out, but they are all fine now. Would not change their lives. I’d keep driving my Toyota, but look for a house where I can get a pool table and big screen on the main level, and a covered porch with fireplace outside so I can watch my Bills in the great outdoors. THEN, my wife would probably set up a foundation to do good things with most of the rest. 

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

She might not be pro disappearance, though.

For $9.5 mil, we will disappear from @DC Tom, I promise! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I would have no fear whatsoever that any member of our family would be a problem if we came across $10 mil.

If it were a $100 mil Powerball, we’d give each of the siblings a million to help out, but they are all fine now. Would not change their lives. I’d keep driving my Toyota, but look for a house where I can get a pool table and big screen on the main level, and a covered porch with fireplace outside so I can watch my Bills in the great outdoors. THEN, my wife would probably set up a foundation to do good things with most of the rest. 

For $9.5 mil, we will disappear from @DC Tom, I promise! 

I'm not just disappearing from @DC Tom. I'm disappearing from humanity.