How has Jaron Jones done on the line?

26 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

But PFF graded Ryan Bates?  So stats are available, I assume.  So, are those kinds of stats available for all players? 

Oh, you meant a grade.  I'm sure somewhere.

Well, 2 different sources I found rated him a "late day 3" pick with a draft grade of 3.3 and another said round 5 or 6 and a grade of 3.39. I think that's about it for "stats". As far as making the roster goes, I think PS may be his best shot since we just signed like half a dozen backup caliber OL veterans in FA. Next year could be a different story if he progresses. Our OL still needs a lot work, so there will definitely be opportunities. I've neither seen nor heard anything about his preseason or practicing one way or another.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Well, he got yanked from the game on Friday after a false start and Wyatt Teller replaced him at RT. He never returned.

Jones doesn't have much of a chance to make this roster, unfortunately. But he still has this week to impress the Bills (practice squad) or another team out there. He seems to be working hard, anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Well, he got yanked from the game on Friday after a false start and Wyatt Teller replaced him at RT. He never returned.

Jones doesn't have much of a chance to make this roster, unfortunately. But he still has this week to impress the Bills (practice squad) or another team out there. He seems to be working hard, anyway.

He had back-to-back penalties in the previous game against Carolina as well. They showed a close up of McDermott looking unimpressed. Given last year's record of penalty calls, he's not doing himself any favors with those mistakes.

50 minutes ago, nrenegar said:

He had back-to-back penalties in the previous game against Carolina as well. They showed a close up of McDermott looking unimpressed. Given last year's record of penalty calls, he's not doing himself any favors with those mistakes.

yeah, but I think he was a defensive player in college, at Notre Dame.  And the Giants converted him from defensive to offensive tackle.  He only started playing offense a few years ago.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

Well, 2 different sources I found rated him a "late day 3" pick with a draft grade of 3.3 and another said round 5 or 6 and a grade of 3.39. I think that's about it for "stats". As far as making the roster goes, I think PS may be his best shot since we just signed like half a dozen backup caliber OL veterans in FA. Next year could be a different story if he progresses. Our OL still needs a lot work, so there will definitely be opportunities. I've neither seen nor heard anything about his preseason or practicing one way or another.

Thanks.  But I wonder if that was for his ability as a defensive player rather than offensive?