Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

If the asking price includes a first round draft pick, we are better to walk away. 

I’d rather have 5 years of a first round pick on a rookie contract than one year on a franchise tender with no legal means to extend the contract. 

Next years draft is strong in WR’s, where a strong #1 receiver will improve our team.  

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I really didn't know Hawaii didn't have deer.

Okay...continental US!

I’m sure the have some kind of deer... probably not whitetail. 

West of the Rockies whitetail are hard to come by, but Mule deer are prevalent. Not sure how they compare hunting wise, but I think the average Mule deer is smaller...

What ever a team trades for clowney they will be able to flip him next off season if they dont want to sign him long term. 

I'm really interested in clowney because of this reason, right now it sounds as if youd be getting clowney cheap. If thats the case we can then flip him after the season for more plus get an upgrade at defensive end for this coming season. Soumds like a win to me

Ie. if we trade a 2nd for him today, we could definitely get a 2nd plus at the end of the season when teams can actually sign him long term

37 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

image.png.96be44d583548c209c4c118e47532a08.png

Isn't there a deadline for Tags?  

It has to have come and gone.   Are they waiting for cut down day??  

No. If he doesn’t sign it, he doesn’t play. It’s a Lev Bell situation. 

Edit- without looking it up i think if they don’t sign by a certain week in the reg season they can’t play regardless. I do think it’s after the trade deadline, anyway 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’m sure the have some kind of deer... probably not whitetail. 

West of the Rockies whitetail are hard to come by, but Mule deer are prevalent. Not sure how they compare hunting wise, but I think the average Mule deer is smaller...

The way I understand it, is on ave, mule deer are bigger, as in thicker, like comparing a neanderthal to a ***** sapien.  Whitetail are generally smaller than mule deer but can vary a lot more in body size.  WNY has a good population of large bodied whitetail, over 200 lbs dressed, which can be bigger than some mule deer.

Also, did you know that as a species, whitetail deer are around 16 million years old iirc.  It's funny, but humans are one of the newest kids on the block.

Just now, Element115 said:

The way I understand it, is on ave, mule deer are bigger, as in thicker, like comparing a neanderthal to a ***** sapien.  Whitetail are generally smaller than mule deer but can vary a lot more in body size.  WNY has a good population of large bodied whitetail, over 200 lbs dressed, which can be bigger than some mule deer.

Also, did you know that as a species, whitetail deer are around 16 million years old iirc.  It's funny, but humans are one of the newest kids on the block.

Hm. I stand corrected. I have seen a decent amount of both, and Mule deer always looked smaller to me, but that might be the way they run. :P

Also, the deer here in Southern VA are absolutely tiny. Just nothing on them. 

36 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Beat me to it.

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hm. I stand corrected. I have seen a decent amount of both, and Mule deer always looked smaller to me, but that might be the way they run. :P

Also, the deer here in Southern VA are absolutely tiny. Just nothing on them. 

I've gotten both and mule deer are generally larger. That said the biggest deer I ever got was a white tail doe in WNY. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

What ever a team trades for clowney they will be able to flip him next off season if they dont want to sign him long term. 

I'm really interested in clowney because of this reason, right now it sounds as if youd be getting clowney cheap. If thats the case we can then flip him after the season for more plus get an upgrade at defensive end for this coming season. Soumds like a win to me

Ie. if we trade a 2nd for him today, we could definitely get a 2nd plus at the end of the season when teams can actually sign him long term

You can't trade him past the trade deadline (week 6), and if he's on a tag, then that means he's not under contract after the league year, so we can't trade him. We have no rights to him at that point.

We would however, get a compensatory pick if we didn't re-sign him, which would probably be a 3rd rounder.

7 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Beat me to it.

I've gotten both and mule deer are generally larger. That said the biggest deer I ever got was a white tail doe in WNY. 

Thanks for the correction. How does the meat stack up? I've had some of each, but not enough to draw a solid conclusion.