Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What does it say that he hasn't been dealt yet? No one is offering what the Texans think they are owed.

Has his grievance been heard yet?

He has requested arbitration to decide if he is a DE or OLB.  He was assigned OLB money for the Tag by the NFL and has countered that he is a DE - it is a difference of 2 million a year.  

Until that is decided - he can’t sign the franchise tag and he can’t be dealt.

I think it is a waiting game until he gets all the pieces in a row.

43 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

They said 24-48 hours.

You just know that something will happen when we don't expect it.

I’ve heard that is why, at a certain age, you never just walk past a restroom. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Watch out.  He's untouchable, you know.

He has informed me on multiple occasions that he is untouchable. Obviously I have ZERO idea what happens behind the curtain, but I wouldn’t want to raise a child that way. It just allows more of that behavior. I’ll say he’s been better for a while, and I really appreciate the mods and how they handle almost everything.  Maybe that’s been part of the improvement.

The abrasiveness and negativity is a shame, because I freely admit he knows a lot about football. Playing nice with others? Not so much. I don’t worry about offending him here, because he’s notified me multiple times I’m on IGNORE like the rest of the “house mum’s”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My gut tells me Houston is holding out for a first round pick or a franchise type player in return. LTs, DEs and QBs get paid the highest in the NFL and it will take a measure of a high value player with a high draft pick. The Bills just don’t have the equity and to be honest I’d rather ride with who they have now than mortgage a 1st round pick on Clowney. 

My money is on Seattle fwiw. They like these types of high priced vets and are devoid of a pass rush once Clark went to KC. 

Edited by BUFFALOTONE
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

My gut tells me Houston is holding out for a first round pick or a franchise type player in return. LTs, DEs and QBs get paid the highest in the NFL and it will take a measure of a high value player with a high draft pick. The Bills just don’t have the equity and to be honest I’d rather ride with who they have now than mortgage a 1st round pick on Clowney. 

My money is on Seattle fwiw. They like these types of high priced vets and are devoid of a pass rush once Clark went to KC. 

They can't get anywhere close to a first.  Clowney will only go to a team that will not tag him again.  A one year rental isnt worth close to a round 1 pick.

1 hour ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

I don’t see how Seattle can afford him....., Wagner and Wilson?

first of all, Clowney is not signed by Houston. He effectively has a no trade clause because the team can’t trade him until he signs the tag. This means that not only does the acquiring team need to want Clowney, Clowney needs to want them

Second of all, any team trading for Clowney couldn’t even give him the money he wants. After the July 15 deadline passed, a team can only trade for Clowney and let it ride.

(essentially, he's a one year rental. highly doubt anyone meets their trade demands. he likely plays out this season with houston, gets tagged again and then traded before next years july 15th deadline)

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/8/17/20810293/seahawks-trade-rumors-jadeveon-clowney-texans-franchise-tag-holdout-seattle-2019-preseason