Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wawrow said upthread it likely ain’t happening.

With respect to Wawrow the Bills are airtight with their leaks right now. No one knew they were in on Antonio Brown and no one reported they were in on Mack except for a couple of reputable people on this board. The local beat reporters will only hear something when the team is officially reporting it. Ongoing discussions are kept secret. We didn't even know Kroft broke his foot until the day after it happened and McDermott was giving his usual practice press conference.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, purple haze said:

What do you know about him to say that?  

Thats right, we don't really know him. From afar, Clowney may like what he sees in the young Bills defense, and he could easily envision himself as a vital part in it...who knows?

1 minute ago, Rocket94 said:

I believe it boils down to money. The Texans may not be able to justify paying both Clowney and Watt anymore because the formula is not really working. 

....ok...but when you have two alleged formidable forces that better your team, don't you look for ways internally to make it happen for the team's good?.....don't teams continually restructure to make the necessary pieces fit?.....

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Mario Williams didn't do much for us?

2012- 10.5 sacks, 4 passes defensed, 2 FF

2013- 13 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 1 FF

2014- 14.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 2 FF

2015- 5 sacks, he finally broke down here

43 sacks in 4 seasons, 9 passes defensed, 5 FF isn't doing much?

Mario was outstanding for 3 years here. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, whatdrought said:

Is the so-named poster on this board actually Wawrow? That seems both unlikely, and hard to prove... not saying it’s not, just wondering if I missed something. 

I think the real jw would have a big issue with somebody impersonating him on a public forum.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

With respect to Wawrow the Bills are airtight with their leaks right now. No one knew they were in on Antonio Brown and no one reported they were in on Mack except for a couple of reputable people on this board. The local beat reporters will only hear something when the team is officially reporting it. Ongoing discussions are kept secret. We didn't even know Kroft broke his foot until the day after it happened and McDermott was giving his usual practice press conference.

jw, who is excellent btw, doesn't have the agents and I feel that is where some of the chatter comes from. Agents can be sketchy AF in trying to move the world for their clients and love to be "sources"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

it is and everyone knows it is...

Why does everyone know it is? I’m not trying to detract from it, just super curious.

Just now, GG said:

I think the real jw would have a big issue with somebody impersonating him on a public forum.   

So we have tangible reason to believe it is?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I believe the leaks are coming from the Texans and dolphins 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Why does everyone know it is? I’m not trying to detract from it, just super curious.

Yes.

The mods most certainly would've banned that account years ago if it weren't him 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....ok...but when you have two alleged formidable forces that better your team, don't you look for ways internally to make it happen for the team's good?.....don't teams continually restructure to make the necessary pieces fit?.....

I don't know, If I had to guess, I would say the Texans have weighed their chances of winning with both players...they have already attempted it and that ship sailed. Cut their losses and move on. Now other areas of the team are in need.

Edited by Rocket94

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Some people on this site know the real jw.  Plus, SDS wouldn't tolerate an imposter.  

Anyhoo, who else would be such a sycophant for The Replacements?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wasn't trying to be an ass in my response. It is relatively easy to tell, when you post his twitter "leaks"/ news he is right on in explaining as much as he can from behind the scenes or providing a bit more information. The writing style, snark, music choices that I don't usually agree with, etc. clearly indicate it is indeed him. I get one post here and there, but when you have been here for a few years and see his take on topics OTW and stuff in TSW, it is apparent

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Yes.

The mods most certainly would've banned that account years ago if it weren't him 

That is a good point- But is that the only reason to believe so? I’m sorry, I’m still blaking on the idea that a legit beat reporter trolls this message board... 

43 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Are you sure there’s a window?

Yes - see teams with smothering defense and average offense, they have won their share of SB’s.  We could wait until we have the greatest show on turf but I’m not holding my breath. I think our O will be at least average to above average this year (with an above average run game). 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Mario Williams didn't do much for us?

2012- 10.5 sacks, 4 passes defensed, 2 FF

2013- 13 sacks, 3 passes defensed, 1 FF

2014- 14.5 sacks, 2 passes defensed, 2 FF

2015- 5 sacks, he finally broke down here

43 sacks in 4 seasons, 9 passes defensed, 5 FF isn't doing much?

He didn't break down Wrex stole his soul :(

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

There are a few potential downsides:

1.) Clowney may not want to re-sign here long term. Due to the contract language of the tender he will be signing, the Bills can't work out a new deal with him until AFTER the season. That's a big risk to take with a guy that you're also going to have to give up draft or roster assets for. People say "well obviously they wouldn't do it if Clowney says he won't stick around". But in that instance, you'd be taking the guy at his word. There would be nothing legally binding him to your team past this season. ...

Clowney holds all the cards here. he is only going to sign his tender, when he negotiates where he is going to go. if he negotiates his way here, there is every reason to think that he would re-up with us. i understand that things happen and it is possible that something might happen that would cause him not to resign with us, however the original intent is all one can ask for with the standing of what is allowable with his situation. there is also the franchise tag option. while not desirable, it is a tool available to the team that trades for him.

for this reason, i think there would be a draft pick involved that is contingent on him resigning with whatever team he negotiates with. 

Edited by Foxx

That is a good point- But is that the only reason to believe so? I’m sorry, I’m still blaking on the idea that a legit beat reporter trolls this message board... 

Tim Graham used to post on here...:bag: