Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Are you sure there’s a window?

Your concern is whether we have a 20 year player and mine is that we have a 3 year contract for peanuts to take advantage of. 

Yes. We are in the very well defined 3 year window now. And we can be a contender even if Allen is more kaepernick than Wilson. The only way there’s not a window is if we refuse to push chips in on talent right now. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

But does it makes sense if you then lost your younger, better LT and potentially your best receiver. 

Seems like that that would be the potential for a multi year rebuild where just as you are getting good 2021-2022 this guy is over 30 and becoming a potential FA.

Hes 26 now.

2020 is 27

2021 is 28

2022 is 29

2023 is 30

2024 is 31

2025 is 32 if they give him a 6 year deal at the close of this year. Jerry Hughes is 31 and we are counting on him.

Id hope the dolphins front office is betting on being good again in the front half of that

Edited by NoSaint

2 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Seems to me an NFC team would have the upper hand. Not sure what the Dolphins are thinking here, an edge rusher would do absolutely nothing for that team

It would keep them from having to play against him twice a year. Assuming he resigned after this year. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Nothing is reported other than the Texans want a player back. Since it's technically a 1 year rental it doesn't sound like a 1st rounder is the price. I would be more hesitant about a 1st rounder given the WR class next year, but anything below that I'd be all in. Even a 1st rounder I would be okay with, that would mean a lot of pressure on the team to win this year but I'm fine with that. Frankly if next year's 1st is so valuable that it isn't worth a stud pass rusher in his prime then Beane and/or McDermott aren't doing something right.

In other words, you nor anyone here really knows.  All we're hearing is Texas wants another WR and Buffalo doesn't have the player to get that done who they'd deal. 

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I also remember people blaming Mario for Rex's disaster defense. ?

Mario was a very good player and an all pro in 2014. He was well worth the money they paid him.

You really think the Bills will get a player of Clowneys status with a 2nd round pick

Slim to none. And giving up someone like Lawson and McCoy(they have loads of depth at the position) to go along with it is worth it in my opinion.

Im not giving up a 2020 first though.

...so then O'Brien's incoming phone lines should be lit up like a Christmas tree, right?....if not, why not?....

Just now, BillsVet said:

In other words, you nor anyone here really knows.  All we're hearing is Texas wants another WR and Buffalo doesn't have the player to get that done who they'd deal. 

Is a 2 plus foster and a back not named singletary an intriguing move for Houston knowing they have starters in place at WR? They don’t need a Julio Jones, they are looking for a particular role player. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Your concern is whether we have a 20 year player and mine is that we have a 3 year contract for peanuts to take advantage of. 

Yes. We are in the very well defined 3 year window now. And we can be a contender even if Allen is more kaepernick than Wilson. The only way there’s not a window is if we refuse to push chips in on talent right now. 

Please don’t put words In my mouth.  My concern is that if we continue to pour resources into the defense at the expense of our offense then we don’t have a window for a Super Bowl.  There are too many questions and obvious deficiencies on the offense to expect them to be able to contend.  And for like the 50th time, I’m still in on trading for Clowney if we don’t have to give up a first. 

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Please don’t put words In my mouth.  My concern is that if we continue to pour resources into the defense at the expense of our offense then we don’t have a window for a Super Bowl.  There are too many questions and obvious deficiencies on the offense to expect them to be able to contend.  And for like the 50th time, I’m still in on trading for Clowney if we don’t have to give up a first. 

Your words were you wouldn’t because you weren’t sold on Allen yet. So I responded about our window being open regardless of Allen, despite your worry he needs to be proven as the guy first