Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Any truth to something I read yesterday about him filing a grievance about being tagged as OLB instead of DE?  If so could see him not signing a tag until that’s settled.

It was filed by the Nflpa in July... I don’t believe it has been resolved yet

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s more about Clowney hasn’t approved a destination yet, of the teams talking to the texans. Most of what I’ve read says it hinges on him

Interesting.  You would think that Brian Gaine has insight into how to appeal to Clowney.  

53 minutes ago, Element115 said:

Not sure why the personal attacks?  Many vets have gone to the Pats looking for a ring... Do you really think Clowney would want to go to the Dolphins or Bills?

No premier pass defensive lineman has ever wanted to go to the Bills.  Especially from Houston.  Never has happened or will happen.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

Not sure why the personal attacks?  Many vets have gone to the Pats looking for a ring... Do you really think Clowney would want to go to the Dolphins or Bills?

Bills had the # 2 defense last year why NOT ?? 

If that was a WR I would have agreed with you  , 

Edited by Putin

Just now, whatdrought said:

The Mack trade happened on September 1st, right? 

I imagine If the Texans are wanting to trade him, and wanting to get a player(s) in return, that they’d want to do so before too long so the player has a chance of being up to speed wk 1.

I think that’s why the media is expecting it to happen yesterday ... but this trade is so much more complicated than Mack because of the tag. 

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No premier pass defensive lineman has ever wanted to go to the Bills.  Especially from Houston.  Never has happened or will happen.

He came for the 100 million and "deers". Do we know if Clowney hunt "deers"?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that’s why the media is expecting it to happen yesterday ... but this trade is so much more complicated than Mack because of the tag. 

Yeah. It really shouldn’t be hard. They should get a list of offers, sort the ones that they like, counter when necessary, rule out any teams they don’t want him to go to, and then take the list to his agent. 

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah. It really shouldn’t be hard. They should get a list of offers, sort the ones that they like, counter when necessary, rule out any teams they don’t want him to go to, and then take the list to his agent. 

It seems simple,  but the number of teams who can fit in his cap #, are offering what the Texans are willing to take, and that he is willing to go to may not align. The biggest issue is that the Texans have no leverage. Also, they have no GM.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

It seems simple,  but the number of teams who can fit in his cap #, are offering what the Texans are willing to take, and that he is willing to go to may not align. The biggest issue is that the Texans have no leverage. 

I really think they are waiting on the ruling of OLB vs DE before he signs any tender and can be traded. He cant get any long term money now so he might as well see if he can get the most he can this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It seems simple,  but the number of teams who can fit in his cap #, are offering what the Texans are willing to take, and that he is willing to go to may not align. The biggest issue is that the Texans have no leverage. Also, they have no GM.

But Bill O’Brian is a genius! He spent several years shakin it for the other Bill, so he must know exactly what he’s doing— give him all the power.

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I really think they are waiting on the ruling of OLB vs DE before he signs any tender and can be traded. He cant get any long term money now so he might as well see if he can get the most he can this year.

Thats a valid point... seems like a pretty straight forward thing to me- count how many times his hand was on the ground at the snap/when it wasn’t, there’s your answer. 

Edited by whatdrought