Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

giphy.gif

Just keep in mind that the Texans can ask for the moon and stars, but if no one gives it to them, then what? And don't forget Clowney's say in this. He can control what team he goes to.

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

If Dolphin are in on Clowney and Tunsil is available. It would cost Dawkins at a minimum not including potential draft picks for both teams.

People talking about guys like Zay Jones being viable compensation is crazy.

If the Dolphins trade Tunsil to Houston knowing that they can't re-sign Clowney until the off-season they are morons.  IMO that's the biggest hold-up in this situation, the difference in Clowney's actual value as a football player, and what is he worth to another team to acquire when you factor in the massive risk involved in that he can walk and you end up with nothing.  If he could be re-signed to a multi-year extension immediately, ergo, teams would be given permission to talk to his agent and work everything out in advance, you'd be correct, but this isn't that situation.

Zay Jones isn't ample compensation, not even close. But to Houston, if Clowney is really going to sit he adds no value to your football team and they have immediate needs at multiple positions.  The longer he sits out the fewer games his acquiring team will be guaranteed to have him on the field which depresses his value even more. After the trade deadline he has no value at all to Houston apart from the 3rd round comp pick they MIGHT get (again, assuming he truly is going to pull a Leveon Bell maneuver).

Just now, Mat68 said:

Zay and a first or second.  

If I am Houston I am laughing at that offer. Give me Dawkins with a first or second and now the Bills are in the conversation. Not someone like Zay who has underperformed. Shady, over 30 yr old rb, who plays at a devalued position where you can find decent players post cutdown day.

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I am Houston I am laughing at that offer. Give me Dawkins with a first or second and now the Bills are in the conversation. Not someone like Zay who has underperformed. Shady, over 30 yr old rb, who plays at a devalued position where you can find decent players post cutdown day.

And if I'm Buffalo I say have a nice day because I'm not giving you that for a rental and neither is anyone else. Which is why the trade hasn't happened yet.  if anyone offered Houston anywhere NEAR that package they'd have leapt on it like a hungry mountain lion.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

If I’m the Bills I’m laughing at your counter offer, and I’m out. Good luck with the Dolphins! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

It just doesn’t seem like it’s Beanes Standard operating procedure to swing for the fences for a blue chip player by giving up significant assets.  I don’t see it happening.

What are significant assets to you  i keep seeing shady(last year not here next year)zay(people here want him gone) and shaq lawson(last year of contract). with the pick being a 2nd or 3rd. If clowney walks we get a third. When your young qb is on a rookie deal you load up welcome to the NFL

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You're right. Tunsil might be more attractive to the Texans. But don't forget Clowney has a say in where he goes. (If he doesn't like a trade, he won't sign his franchise tender.) Maybe he's fine playing for his next contract with a crap team like the Dolphins. Or maybe he'd rather play with one of the top defenses in the league. Clowney has some leverage here.

Hmm.  Let's see: spend a year in beautiful South Florida, or spend a year playing in an extension of Appalachia aka WNY?  Decisions, decisions <sarcasm>

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Hmm.  Let's see: spend a year in beautiful South Florida, or spend a year playing in an extension of Appalachia aka WNY?  Decisions, decisions <sarcasm>

Hmmm, spending your contract year on a pretty good D line where you'd get minimal double teams and pad your numbers or spend it on a team where you will be the focus of every blocking scheme every week.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Hmmm, spending your contract year on a pretty good D line where you'd get minimal double teams and pad your numbers or spend it on a team where you will be the focus of every blocking scheme every week.

A offense can't double Star, Oliver, and Clowney.

I mean, not unless they want to give Hughes a free release into the backfield every snap...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Your getting what Texans assume would be a top 10 pick from a 6-10 franchise.  A wr that would be better than everyone they have behind Hopkins and Fuller.  Not a terrible offer for a guy who is not playing and coming back in 2020