Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

This is impressive.

How many times can you be wrong? 

I think what he’s saying is, if Allen flames out, it’s bye-bye Beano.  (Assuming he meant “drafts a QB in the first round”)

EDIT: what someone on the top of this page said.

Edited by RiotAct

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

This thread is averaging almost 1.5 replies per minute and a new view EVERY SECOND.

WOW

Yes, I can be a bit of a nerd sometimes.

Its like I always say on this board , when  the replies hit 500, it ain't happening

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Doubt Houston would want this team’s spare parts. It will cost a first or second pick in addition to player(s) before you would see Clowney in a Bill’s uniform.

I’d do a 2nd plus Ray-Ray McCloud.

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

OK. They were #2 in yards allowed.  They were #18 in points allowed. Let's talk about that.

They played the #3, #4 (x2), #5, #8, #9, #11, #13, and #15 offenses last year. They were 0-9 in those games and they allowed 247 points in those games. 27.4 points per game. 

They also managed to lose to the #23 and #26 offenses while surrendering 24 points per game in those games (27 and 21 respectively.

The offenses they beat were ranked 19, 23, 24, 26, 27, and 31.

What this means, in short, is they lost to every single average or above offense they played last season and also lost to 2 poor offenses.  But you're right. I'm revising history to make them sound bad.  In reality they were tearing it up.

Um  ...  https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef/2018

Also, check out opponents’ collective team passer rating against the Bills last season. It is regarded as the most indicative stat of defensive successfor good reason, and the Bills were third, just a hair behind the number two team. As for points allowed, the Bills offense was epically abysmal in every way and put the defense in bad situations all season. That has a huge impact on points allowed.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I don't think other teams are afraid of the Bills, unfortunately.

The Bills already have a good D, McDermott with Clowney might be something other teams don't want. Could be Clowney's way of stepping out of Watt's shadow

Edited by buffalo2218

6 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Doubt Houston would want this team’s spare parts. It will cost a first or second pick in addition to player(s) before you would see Clowney in a Bill’s uniform.

No one's giving up a first for a one year rental with no chance of resigning him until he's a ufa. That would be asinine.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vincec said:

Texans are supposed to be looking for an OT as part of the deal, so Dawkins would probably have to be included.

No team is trading a starting tackle this close to the season.  Lombardi said they are interested to adding a Wr behind Hopkins and Fuller.  Now with the devastating injury to Miller they certainly are in need of a Rb.  The last 2 you could add Buffalo.  They could trade any a Wr or Rb.  

Go back to what Beane said after they were done spending in FA.  Yes, they were done and onto the draft.  With the remaining cap space they would be ready if and when an impact player became available.  I would put Clowney in that class.  Having Gaine in the building, would give them insight on what Clowney was asking.  He is a 3 down De.  A real difference maker for Buffalo.  Will they end up with Idk.  Has Buffalo had discussion with them?  I bet yes.  Are they offering what the Texans want?  I dont know.  

9 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Well I can ask for a million dollars and no one will give that to me.