Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ben Allbright said last week the Bills were interested or inquiring or something... this report is the 2nd one linking them. PFT is an aggregate and sometimes they have their own sources. They don’t run with “rumors” like this. In this case, these guys at PFN  seem to have a mole with the dolphins and a mole with the Jets based on the stuff they’ve put out. Someone is telling them, as with allbright, that the Bills are involved. To what degree, we don’t know.

I'll buy that. Thanks for the clarification!

Edited by twist_to_open

Just a pure hypothetical...I have no idea of anything that is going on...

Just for fun...I was thinking...

Let say the Bills offer Shady, Zay and a mid round pick...Maybe they even throw in Mike Love..

The Texans counter with Shady, Foster, and a mid round pick...

Am I the only one that winces at the thought of giving up Foster?...Because if I'm the Texans...that's the Bills WR I want...

I don't know...maybe it's just me...?

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

So speculation on speculation here, if a trade include either foster or Zay, would that put Duke on the team for sure? 

Just curious what the feeling is if it happened. 

Yes...although I already think Duke will make this team regardless if we trade with Texans.  

18 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I have assumed my usual post in the bushes outside Pegula’s house. It is currently raining hot water as it only does in South FL in the summer. I will endure it for the good of the team and by team I mean us.

I can take the night shift. I live 5 mins away and my grandparents lived in their neighborhood, so I know it like the back of my hand!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

"Spoke to someone earlier today about Bills/Clowney, person shook head no."

That's "couching his words" to you? 

Believe whatever makes you happy, but I'm sticking with "wishful thinking".

He put the responsibility on the other person, not on himself as a reporter. I have no idea what is going to happen but I do know when someone is playing word games, regardless of how subtle they may be.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Just a pure hypothetical...I have no idea of anything that is going on...

Just for fun...I was thinking...

Let say the Bills offer Shady, Zay and a mid round pick...Maybe they even throw in Mike Love..

The Texans counter with Shady, Foster, and a mid round pick...

Am I the only one that winces at the thought of giving up Foster?...Because if I'm the Texans...that's the Bills WR I want...

I don't know...maybe it's just me...?

He'd be who I want to. 

I don't think Shady is available though.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry bud.....NOT the style of Yolo......he is the pre-eminent TBD news breaker and has no need to upstage another thread by starting his own PERIOD....

As always, I stand with and behind OldTimeAFL guy in the spirit of the 1960's!

Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

I can take the night shift. I live 5 mins away and my grandparents lived in their neighborhood, so I know it like the back of my hand!

Thank you both for your service.  God bless!

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I have assumed my usual post in the bushes outside Pegula’s house. It is currently raining hot water as it only does in South FL in the summer. I will endure it for the good of the team and by team I mean us.

I heard they left for Houston where it isn't as humid.

42 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Yes - see teams with smothering defense and average offense, they have won their share of SB’s.  We could wait until we have the greatest show on turf but I’m not holding my breath. I think our O will be at least average to above average this year (with an above average run game). 

That certainly has happened.  In fact, of the last 25 Super Bowls 5 have been won that way.  Four #1 defenses and one #2 defense with average or worse offenses won.  But only one of those happened in the last 1O years - the 2015 Broncos with the #1 defense.  That’s probably because of the somewhat recent rule changes.

I’d love to have a dominant defense, but a quality offense is more important than ever in the NFL.  On that note, the Bills defense was plenty good last season.  Still, I am all for getting Clowney if it doesn’t substantially hinder our ability to improve our offense.  I don’t want to see a first round pick as part of the package.

As for where our offense stands, I do think they’ll be lucky to be average.  I expect them to be a little below.  Much more needs done there. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have had a love and hate relationship with this trade idea throughout the offseason.  But...fast forward to today, and I am really for it now that we have seen everything shake out so far with camp and preseason.

1. Adding him to this DL would instantly make this defense one of the best in the league, something that could help carry us deep into the playoffs.  We still have great defensive potential without him, but with him it just seems like a certainty.  
  2. We have WR's to spare if Houston truly wants a WR in this deal, and Zay or Foster would make easy sense here with guys like Duke and McKenzie having strong preseasons.  Personally, I think Zay might make more sense for Houston in terms of the type of WR and more versatile WR Zay is.
  3. Singletary is too good to keep off the field and Yeldon has really played well in the preseason.  We flat out have a log jam at RB, sending them McCoy makes a lot of sense for both teams at this point.  
  4. Adding Clowney means we can also easily include Shaq or Murphy if they want to get back a DE too.  

Send them a 4th round pick plus McCoy, Zay, and either Shaq or Murphy.

I would love this trade!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Until he quit on the team at the end.

He was top 5 in sacks here.  Clowney is a guy who may never lead the league in sacks.  That's fine with me.  He impacts the game more than a sack artist.  He f's up much more plays than his stats show.  The defense doesn't have that guy on defense that consistently does that.