Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No he didn't. Read what he actually said and you will realize that he was couching his words.

"Spoke to someone earlier today about Bills/Clowney, person shook head no."

That's "couching his words" to you? 

Believe whatever makes you happy, but I'm sticking with "wishful thinking".

2 hours ago, john wawrow said:

Spoke to someone earlier today about Bills/Clowney, person shook head no.

jw

Thanks John, always appreciate your posts.  Couple follow up questions

1. Is this person someone that for sure would know in the first place, or is it possible Beane is working on this and source wouldn't necessarily know yet?
  2. Lets assume he would definitely know, wouldn't it make more sense for them to say no at this stage since its not done?  Or would this person always tell you the true answer no matter what?

Just curious to the weight of their response...thanks again John!

5 minutes ago, JPP said:

Someone track the Pegula jet please...

I have assumed my usual post in the bushes outside Pegula’s house. It is currently raining hot water as it only does in South FL in the summer. I will endure it for the good of the team and by team I mean us.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

I'm just curious as to why Profootball Talk or any other site I looked at aren't running with this rumor.

Ben Allbright said last week the Bills were interested or inquiring or something... this report is the 2nd one linking them. PFT is an aggregate and sometimes they have their own sources. They don’t run with “rumors” like this. In this case, these guys at PFN  seem to have a mole with the dolphins and a mole with the Jets based on the stuff they’ve put out. Someone is telling them, as with allbright, that the Bills are involved. To what degree, we don’t know.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 weeks ago I was very much in favor of a move like this, but now with Johnson’s play, is it worth it?  Or better question do we need him?  Clowney certainly would be better option the next 1 to 2 years, but beyond could Johnson be almost as good and much cheaper?  

I’d feel better if it’s like a 3 for 1 deal so as not to give up much in the way of picks and Bills have a number of positions where they likely will be releasing good players, so then really not losing much.

Wouldnt say I’m against it, but don’t want to pay a stiff price either.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...how or why does this guy become expendable?....money?...injuries?...attitude?.....or ????..anybody have some insight or is this a personal O'Brien vendetta?......

My only guess would be other priorities. Perhaps they feel the need to free up this money so that they can spend it somewhere else.

3 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I am having flashbacks of Mario Williams we all wanted him here so bad and I don't think he really did much hope we don't end up in the same situation

That team was not anywhere near as talented.  Clowney makes the Bill's a legit top 5 defense and contender for best defense in the NFL.