Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

Wasn't trying to be an ass in my response. It is relatively easy to tell, when you post his twitter "leaks"/ news he is right on in explaining as much as he can from behind the scenes or providing a bit more information. The writing style, snark, music choices that I don't usually agree with, etc. clearly indicate it is indeed him. I get one post here and there, but when you have been here for a few years and see his take on topics OTW and stuff in TSW, it is apparent

Okay- I can accept that. I have seen just enough to wonder if it is, or if it’s one of those “my uncles cousins brothers” type things.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

That is a good point- But is that the only reason to believe so? I’m sorry, I’m still blaking on the idea that a legit beat reporter trolls this message board... 

There used to be a lot more.  jw is the only one with thick enough skin to take the heat.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Why does everyone know it is? I’m not trying to detract from it, just super curious.

So we have tangible reason to believe it is?

Wawrow is Wawrow. To clarify for a couple of other posters Wawrow did not give his opinion regarding whether or not a deal was likely. He stated that someone high up in the organization shook their head no when asked about it. That's Wawrows way of not being tied down.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Wawrow is Wawrow. To clarify for a couple of other posters Wawrow did not give his opinion regarding whether or not a deal was likely. He stated that someone high up in the organization shook their head no when asked about it. That's Wawrows way of not being tied down.

What was his take on AB? I remember he said slow the roll on the Rapsheet report, but didn’t he also indicate that they weren’t even interested? I don’t know his level of reliability in such matters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Talking about these leaks and such.  The local Indianapolis people weren't the one to break Andrew Luck's retirement.  That was Adam Schefter who certainly didn't get it from the team directly either because the team was setting up a PC for 3pm today to tell everyone.  They didn't want it broken during the middle of a home preseason game with fans finding out on their phones.

Point being, there are lots of places to get information and lots of reasons to want to put stuff out at different times. Agents put stuff out, players put stuff out, people attached to the people put stuff out.  That Wawrow doesn't have it doesn't mean it's not happening.  It doesn't mean it is either. It just means that nobody that he has access to or a relationship with has said anything to him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That is a good point- But is that the only reason to believe so? I’m sorry, I’m still blaking on the idea that a legit beat reporter trolls this message board... 

Well, back in the day, Lori Chase told me it's him...so there's that 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I don't know, If I had to guess, I would say the Texans have weighed their chances of winning with both players...they have already attempted it and that ship sailed. Now other areas of the team are in need.

...I get what you're saying bud......but either Watt and Clowney on defense, isn't that side of he ball a better well known versus the untested, long term nature of the offense with Watson at the helm?...a solid Watt/Clowney infused defense may win you some games in spite of the youngster Watson's hiccups...just sayin'....

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea I tend to agree.

JW also said they laughed at him when he inquired a couple weeks ago, yet there are still reports of the Bills working on a trade.

There are, however, no CREDIBLE reports of the Bills working on a trade.

We've heard it from three different no-name Twitter posters trying to make a name for themselves by discussing vague conjecture. 

Until someone halfway worth a darn reports anything about the Bills being interested, I won't believe they are. The only person who DOES have credibility that has weighed in on this idea is JW, and he specifically stated twice now that he was told there's nothing to it.

Believe what you want, but I'm filing this one under "wishful thinking" by Bills fans.

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

When the Talley fund was happening it was John that I chose to break the news that Darryl would accept the donations. We communicated many times through pm here. I can affirm, unequivocally, that he is the real John Wawrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

There are, however, no CREDIBLE reports of the Bills working on a trade.

We've heard it from three different no-name Twitter posters trying to make a name for themselves by discussing vague conjecture. 

Until someone halfway worth a darn reports anything about the Bills being interested, I won't believe they are. The only person who DOES have credibility that has weighed in on this idea is JW, and he specifically stated twice now that he was told there's nothing to it.

Believe what you want, but I'm filing this one under "wishful thinking" by Bills fans.

No he didn't. Read what he actually said and you will realize that he was couching his words.

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I get what you're saying bud......but either Watt and Clowney on defense, isn't that side of he ball a better well known versus the untested, long term nature of the offense with Watson at the helm?...a solid Watt/Clowney infused defense may win you some games in spite of the youngster Watson's hiccups...just sayin'....

I agree with you, but perhaps the Texans just want to move on. Remember that Gaine wanted to keep Clowney and Watt together. The brass would not allow Gaine to pay Clowney and extend him.