Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I think the thing is you never know what can happen in an NFL season, especially with an unproven QB.  I love Allen but he is unproven.  If the Bills did end up being 6-10 and Clowney walks, it's Ryan O'Reilly level bad.  

You don't win championships playing scared. You shoot your shot when it's your time. If Allen turns out to be bad we'll have a lot more to worry about than a wasted 2nd round pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Keeping a defense together for years is not possible.  Look at the Seahawks and on how long their group was intact.  People want more money, guys get hurt, etc. 

I doubt Buffalo will trade for him, but investing more resources into the defense is absurd.  They already have 3 first round picks, multiple higher dollar UFAs there, and now people want Clowney?  

It's the fantasy football mindset which has crept into fans far too much.  I'd rather see Buffalo continue putting players around Allen and develop him.  That is the more sound method of building a sustainable winning team, not more dollars and picks into building McCoach's defense.  

No, for me it has nothing to do with fantasy crap. I believe that pressure on a QB wins football games.

Lots of football games.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You don't win championships playing scared. You shoot your shot when it's your time. If Allen turns out to be bad we'll have a lot more to worry about than a wasted 2nd round pick.

they are trying to take as much off allen's plate as they can.   seattle had a defense that was allowing like 14-15 points per game.  Wilson hardly had to do anything to win games.  Allen could be managing a nice run game and working into picking apart defenses like Wilson has. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

investing more resources into the defense is absurd

Strengthening your biggest strength is actually the best way to win in football. And it's not like there's an elite offensive player up for a trade right now.

Come on guys, we're talking about trading maybe a 2nd round pick and Shaq Lawson. A game changing pass rusher isn't worth that?? I think anyone who isn't begging for this trade to happen is nuts.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

A beer from me HG not because of doing it as you say, but that I agree with you on some peoples feelings around here.

i honestly don’t want to overpay for this guy.

I don't either, and that is what would happen.  Throwing money at a problem, alone, does not solve the problem.  Frazier and McD would need to be more aggressive in their defensive scheme in order to get the most out of Clowney.  I'm not saying to blitz all the time, but at least disguise blitzes, stunt, throw in different looks, etc.  Don't just play a vanilla front four look and expect that to intimidate the opposing offense.

A lot of people dug into me in the Clowney is trending... thread.  That's fine and what makes this board entertaining.  It really is interesting getting many different view points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they are trying to take as much off allen's plate as they can.   seattle had a defense that was allowing like 14-15 points per game.  Wilson hardly had to do anything to win games.  Allen could be managing a nice run game and working into picking apart defenses like Wilson has. 

And Big Ben before Russell. Same concept. Ben didn’t become a real gun slinging threat until his Super Bowl titles were long passed.... those first 4 or 5 years were run the ball, play great defense and let Ben make a handful of big time plays throughout the game. Most of them happened in crunch time because his team kept him in the game 

Edited by Stank_Nasty