Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Big C said:

The thing is you have to go for it when your QB is on his rookie contract if you believe in him. He might not get you there, but you gotta throw down some coin to get the rest of the pieces in place and give him a shot to prove himself.

Yes go for it, I'm just saying trading the first is a very risky move.  I don't know how many teams are lining up to trade a first for Clowney right now.  If it can get done with 2nd and a couple of players that can help them, then yes.  If we get him signed long term then I have no problem trading the first.

People saying this isn’t an “offense” move are wrong. 

An elite defense, with our elite punt returner factors in for how many yards of starting field position?  

I dont know about y’all, but I think Allen and the Offense would put up a lot more points starting at the 40, as opposed to the 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big C said:

The thing is you have to go for it when your QB is on his rookie contract if you believe in him. He might not get you there, but you gotta throw down some coin to get the rest of the pieces in place and give him a shot to prove himself.

That being said, I do like our DL depth so far. I don't think they will overpay the Texans.

I think we have a solid group but I think you have to keep stocking it consistently and it was good not great. 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I put a 100 on the bills to win the divioson at 10/1 and a 100 to make the playoffs at 3 1/2 to 1.  Odds on the same site for the division are now 8/1, so I feel good about that one.  I'd be really happy if we went and got Clowney.  

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I truly hate to say this, but can we prepare for the possibility that he ends up in Miami, and not just that he ends up in Miami but we find out later he had no interest in ever playing for Buffalo. That would be soul crushing when you consider that the bills are miles, miles, miles, miles ahead of the dolphins .

Clowney: “ I love what they are building down here in Miami.  I couldn’t be happier about the direction.”

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

9 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

We have Edmunds for three more years after this season. That is not a worry at all. 

Yes, and if the Bills are winning and those players are contributing to that success...then you pay them.

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I truly hate to say this, but can we prepare for the possibility that he ends up in Miami, and not just that he ends up in Miami but we find out later he had no interest in ever playing for Buffalo. That would be soul crushing when you consider that the bills are miles, miles, miles, miles ahead of the dolphins .

I mean, we can, but there’s no reason to think he has “no interest” in playing here.  He’s not Antonio Brown. 

The only team he’s reportedly had reservations about is Miami. 

Also, I’m sure Brian Gaine knows him pretty well. If we’re interested, it’s probably in part due to him. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd be hesistant giving up a first due to the plethora of top WRs in next years draft.

I would too, but there are multiple people on here who would give the house for Clowney.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Our sack leader last year for 7... 4 the year before. 

Clowney got 10 last year as the second fiddle.

im not saying we should go crazy buying him, but it’s hard to argue he’d be a good piece.

He also got 10 playing more lb than just d end like he would be here. I think he’d be in the teens if he were just going after the qb

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, ScottLaw said:

I'm all for a 2nd, Zay/Foster/McCoy, and Lawson.

That would be the ideal type of trade for me as well, I just don't know if that is quite enough for the Texans to bite.  Might not have a better offer though.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I would too, but there are multiple people on here who would give the house for Clowney.  

A beer from me HG not because of doing it as you say, but that I agree with you on some peoples feelings around here.

i honestly don’t want to overpay for this guy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Yes go for it, I'm just saying trading the first is a very risky move.  I don't know how many teams are lining up to trade a first for Clowney right now.  If it can get done with 2nd and a couple of players that can help them, then yes.  If we get him signed long term then I have no problem trading the first.

Agreed the latter would be the ideal trade and I think that is what they are angling for. And from the reports, it sounds like we have what they are looking for (depth WR, new RB).

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think we have a solid group but I think you have to keep stocking it consistently and it was good not great. 

For sure, just don't think we are desperate.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Considering this is something I REALLY want to see happen, I'll check back when the thread title includes an edit; traded to Miami or Philadelphia.

Sometimes if I turned the channel the Bills would win!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Haha (+1) 1