Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, skibum said:

Clowney is a great player, but do the Bills really need to give up a bunch of assets for one guy, to improve a Defense that’s already very solid? I know they need better depth at LB, but this seems a bit luxurious if you’re trying to build a complete team.

We are trimming players at a few positions that will likely by signed by other teams.  Might as well get something out of them and if we can sign Clowney long term that is a bonus.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, we’d probably have to throw in picks to outbid Miami, given they have a franchise Tackle they somehow don’t want to keep.  

That said, I just can’t wrap my head around it.  I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a team in tank mode make a blockbuster trade like this. 

If you believe in a 12 month turnaround instead of multi year, grabbing a pass rusher in his prime makes a ton of sense long term 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

We could trade a WR (Zay or Foster) since Houston is looking for depth, and either one would be a great #3, plus a RB and a 3rd.    

I don’t think a 3 that we are essentially hoping to be end of the third gets it done. 

If you think we are we are a good team you have to bump up a round from what we’ve discussed for a long time for value of picks 

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I'm all for the Clowney trade if we aren't giving up a first, maybe a 2nd.  Clowney would give us the opportunity to possibly have a rare elite defense in this day in the NFL.  The Jags a couple years ago and the Broncos the year they won the Bowl are the only teams I remember recently with an elite level D.  In a year where Luck just retired and a 42 Brady can hit the wall at any time, the Bills could be a legit force.  A playoff birth this season would go a long way for Beane and McDermott's job security.  Go get him.

Just now, NoSaint said:

I don’t think a 3 that we are essentially hoping to be end of the third gets it done. 

If you think we are we are a good team you have to bump up a round from what we’ve discussed for a long time for value of picks 

I think it takes a 2 and a good player.

That's why I said last week that Philly makes a ton of sense.

They have depth at WR and OT. Peters would make a brilliant one-year stopgap at LT until my boy Tytus Howard is ready. Philly just drafted Dillard and has Lane Johnson and Vaitai as depth.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

good point.  I guess it depends on where Houston thinks we finish.  I'd even do a 2nd.  

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

They have depth at WR and OT. Peters would make a brilliant one-year stopgap at LT until my boy Tytus Howard is ready. Philly just drafted Dillard and has Lane Johnson and Vaitai as depth.

does Philly have cap space after this year.  I have no idea.  

But you are correct about their depth.  They have done a great job the past few years stockpiling talent (and winning a SB).  

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

It’ll be Philly.  Alshon or Peters or someone similar.

11 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I'm fine with this, considering the 1st will be 32nd.

Jokes aside- if making this move you have to be expecting a bottom 5 or so pick not a top 10 pick - which is a substantial reframing to the discussion