Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I am still not sure how I feel about this.  On the surface, I would love to have him because he is a damn good football player, but once you factor in injury history, desired salary, etc, it starts to feel like a bad fit.  That being said, I trust Beane and McDermott to make the right call.

We are in great place cap-wise.  The big contracts we have on the books, are all structured in a way to provide cap flexibility.   

This FO looks to be STRONG in drafting, which gives us a constant influx of young, affordable talent. 

If there was ever a position for this team to go all in on, and take a chance, it’s WR or EDGE.  We tried at WR (Antonio Brown), he ended up with the Raiders.  I absolutely believe we’re trying to bring Clowney here, and it would be worth the gamble. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Would he re-sign in Miami?  

In sure they could send Tunsil to Houston but why would Clowney want to re-up with that dumpster fire of a team.  

No QB, no talent & locker room unrest... sounds fun. 

He would re- sign because Miami is a great city to live in as a rich single dude- I doubt winning his main goal and Miami will have a ton of cap space next year apparently

No thanks on Clowney. Hasn’t attended training camp in several years (according to Jim Miller on Moving the Chains). Evidently not a process guy. He had one huuuuge play in college and his reputation is greatly exaggerated by that one play. I trust Beane but hope he goes the Phins (the way of Mario Williams and Donkey Kong Su). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

That being said if it costs us Zay or McCoy I'd gladly just take one year of motivated Clowney.  

I am not down on Zay or McCoy but I would trade both for Clowney. His impact will be greater. I would not trade anything higher than 3rd for him though. I also would do Shaq and Either of them for Clowney

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He would re- sign because Miami is a great city to live in as a rich single dude- I doubt winning his main goal and Miami will have a ton of cap space next year apparently

Well, if he doesn’t care about winning, then sure... make a ton of money and live in Miami - I get it.  

I’m operating under the assumption that he doesn’t want to play his prime in obscurity.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DBilz2500 said:

Just can’t see a guy like Clowney having any interest in going to buffalo but hope I’m wrong 

That stupid argument went out the window years ago.

WNY's money is just as green as everyone's else's and it's a good place to live.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not down on Zay or McCoy but I would trade both for Clowney. His impact will be greater. I would not trade anything higher than 3rd for him though. I also would do Shaq and Either of them for Clowney

What about next year's 1st, McCoy and Shaq? That's where the conversation would likely start to get Clowney. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That one-year rental bothers me.  I could see him wanting to sign with the Pats next year.   Isn't Gilmore like his BFF (they played together in high school)...

https://nesn.com/2018/09/stephon-gilmore-knew-jadeveon-clowney-was-a-freak-before-anyone/

I don’t know about BFFs but they Are both from rock hill and played at S Carolina. I remember seeing them at a hornets game together a few years ago.  I do not think the Pats have the cap space to sign him, though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio