Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

We have value players that will not make the team so this makes sense for the Bills given the timing.  We send maybe 3 players and agree to conditional picks.  Miami while having some good players also have those players at substantial cap numbers making them less attractive to other teams.  Our roster trimming situation makes us a good chance for Clowney to land here.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there is pretty decent Clowney is a Bill by the  end of the day. They are one of two teams mentioned and Clowney rumored to not want to go to Miami. He controls the situation, remember, because he can’t be traded until he signs his franchise tender. 

Any idea of possible parameters? What players and/or draft picks would realistically be involved?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This was yesterday , Lombardi said he'd be gone in 24-48 hrs and they want a WR... Interesting

Thanks.  I posted that a few up and have no idea how to embed lol

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This was yesterday , Lombardi said he'd be gone in 24-48 hrs and they want a WR... Interesting

Maybe why Zay Jones was still playing after the half or why Robert Foster was playing special teams. 

I thought that Clowney had turned down going to Miami?

• Like (+1) 1

if it’s another WR the Texans are after, that leads me to believe that Buffalo is NOT a front runner to land Clowney.  I’m guessing they want a proven established producer, but I can’t see the Bills trading Beasley or Brown (unless we don’t have to throw in much more). Maybe I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Any idea of possible parameters? What players and/or draft picks would realistically be involved?

Trent Murphy or Shaq Lawson, Zay Jones, and an 2020 early Day 3 pick works for me.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Nothing more than conjecture. I’d send them 2-3 of Lawson/McCoy/Yeldon/Zay. And a conditional draft pick that disappears if he doesn’t resign. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/13/jadeveon-clowney-trade-wont-be-easy-to-pull-off/

Anyone trading for Clowney would be getting his services for one year, with no ability to sign him to an extension until after the regular season ends. At that point, Clowney would have the leverage of a 20-percent raise over his 2019 salary, whether it’s $15.967 million or, if his grievance regarding his alleged status as a defensive end is successful, $17.128 million. That equates to either $19.16 million or $20.55 million for 2020, either of which becomes the starting point for negotiations on a long-term deal.

So what would a team, assuming it has the cap space to absorb Clowney’s contract, give up in order to get Clowney for one year? And what would the Texans want to part with the rights to Clowney for 2019 plus the ability to franchise-tag him in 2020, sign him to a long-term deal, or let him walk in free agency with a compensatory draft pick arriving in 2021?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1