Buffalo Bills will be losing NFL-caliber talent at running back this week

HOUSE

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

How many teams have spare NFL starting capable RBs like we do? They need a RB, and we are in the best position to fill that need- a lot better than Miami!

I'm gonna guess a lot of teams.  I can't imagine they're all excited about trading Clowney for Frank Gore.

DiMarco is on the leadership council. He is going nowhere. 

To a point up thread I don’t think we’re cutting players that will start for other teams (I assume they meant week 1). 

Wade should go to the PS and I cant see anyone putting him on the active roster if you don’t know if he can run the plays. 

11 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I have to believe McCoy is in the trade mix for Clowney.  If so, the Bills might get one of the steals of the century.  Shady is a great player but his best  NFL days are not in front of him.  If the Bills do land Clowney the defense could become scary good this year.

Yes, the NFL is a business and McDermott has made questionable moves before, but when you declared Shady was your man and he and Gore are homies, can you take the risk of messing up the locker room and trust by trading him?

This would especially be bad without a new contract for Clowney.  Being already a playoff team I could see making a trade for Clowney to “Go for it”.  This team isn’t at that point.

I mean....it sucks but it also is a good problem to have

Last year you could WITH EASE tell who was going to be on the team at nearly every position.....and then your scrambling at the waiver wire to see anyone who can play at all hoping they get cut?

Beane didnt leave that to chance.....with his draft AND free agency he created starters and depth

McDermott really has no excuses this year at all

14 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

In with you man. Kyle Williams has played full back for crimminy sake. It’s just an unnecessary specialization. 

Still irritated we didn't run this on the goal line vs Jacksonville a week later.

14 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

You know New England would bring him in and likely cut him a few weeks later. 

If Wade is on the Patsies** week 4, he scores 2+ TDs against us.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

A trade of Shady or Gore for a 3rd round draft pick would be about right.  In the long run, we don't need two similar and aging RB's on the roster.   OR.. somebody like Lawson and an aging RB and maybe a 4th for Crowley would work.   We would clear the logjam at RB and upgrade DE.

I'll have what you're having!

18 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Would Wade make a good and cheaper replacement for what he does?

Wade could not do almost anything Dimarco does.  Dimarco is a special teams leader and a big, willing blocker on short yardage/goal line.  Wade is an athletic open field runner - that does not play special teams because he is still learning the basics like taking a handoff. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, LabattBlue said:

What players are the Bills cutting that will be picked up and will START for another team...other than a cap casualty and I don’t think that will be an issue this year?

Care to discuss this now? 

30 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I would consider McCoy a cap casualty.  Come talk to me when Duke Williams and all the other alleged training camp superstar cuts are claimed and placed into another teams starting lineup.

Oh yeah, I love when we qualify just to not lose an argument.