Buffalo Bills will be losing NFL-caliber talent at running back this week

I have to believe McCoy is in the trade mix for Clowney.  If so, the Bills might get one of the steals of the century.  Shady is a great player but his best  NFL days are not in front of him.  If the Bills do land Clowney the defense could become scary good this year.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Keeping DiMarco is the biggest waste year in year out. He's not even that good a FB and he gives you zero offense. 

...confusing at best...when we appear to have better blocking TE's, what does the DiMarco retention value bring?...some have said "vet locker room presence".....but wasn't that the pronounced idea with keeping Tolbert who was eventually gone?.....where, how or what role does DiMarco now fit?............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

I have to believe McCoy is in the trade mix for Clowney.  If so, the Bills might get one of the steals of the century.  Shady is a great player but his best  NFL days are not in front of him.  If the Bills do land Clowney the defense could become scary good this year.

Could be Jerry Hughes

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Shady

Gore

Singletary

Yeldon

If we keep those guys, as I think we should, who are we cutting that’s a big deal?  Murphy and Perry?  Eh.  Wade? I doubt anyone signs him to their 53. 

I'd agree.  I think this guy thinks we keep only 3.  I'd be great trading Yeldon as part of a trade to get Clowney.  

1 hour ago, rodneykm said:

I think Murphy can really help a lot of teams out there. It would be nice to get something for him instead of a release.

Prolly getting a 6th or 7th at best for him

I like him but he's a complimentary number 2 at best . Probably a career #3 

Every single year, football fans across the league discount the importance of special teams contributors.

There's always some running back or wide receiver that makes plays in the preseason games but doesn't contribute on special teams, and fans always want those guys kept over the special teams players. Then, when said special teams players are kept instead, people whine and gripe that the "better player" got cut.

With McCoy, Gore, and Singletary all set to get serious snaps at running back, I just don't see how Yeldon's 2 or 3 snaps a game on offense would be worth more than the contributions of Sinorise Perry, who plays all four special teams units. Unless a trade happens or the Bills decide to keep all five backs, I don't see how Yeldon makes this roster.

2 hours ago, rodneykm said:

I think Murphy can really help a lot of teams out there. It would be nice to get something for him instead of a release.

Well no NFL team is trading anything for a guy who has struggled to make an NFL roster throughout his career. 

Every team almost is going to drop some NFL level talent at deeper positions. Listen, someone has to play in the XFL dang it. Marcus Murphy could be a real superstar there instead of 4th string on the cowboys or somewhere. Of course the money is better to play in the NFL but I’m sure some of these fringe players with some upside still would like to showcase their talents 

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Still don't know if Wade could do all the things required of a back. He's strong and fast, that's about all we know.

Based on the limited carries I've seen with him, I don't think he's ready to perform all the functions of an NFL running back. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You could easily teach Wade how to block in 1 season on the PS. You also have 4 TE's who can easily block as well or better than DiMarco and actually produce on offense. I just don't see the obsession over DiMarco by these coaches. We have too many quality players on this roster. We no longer have the luxury of holding a spot for DiMarco. 

Not sure anything in the NFL would be easy to teach. The guy has never played before.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This happens to most teams at this time of year.

I was watching a Houston game the other day, and their announcers were going on about how they have FIVE tight ends who are all good and they were discussing how someone out there is going to get a great TE off their cut list.

I think this happens, to an extent, by accident.

Teams get lucky with a buildup of talent at a given position.

Ehh...guys get way too excited over these lower depth players...its one thing to flash in limited snaps or on designed plays...totally another to do it play in and play out when starting...

The difference between a lot of backups and starters isn't that the backups don't have the ability to do similar things its that they don't have the ability to do it consistently as their snap count increases...how does the player play when he needs to go run a route on the 10th play of the drive as a starter versus a backup coming in for 1 play fully rested?

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Shady

Gore

Singletary

Yeldon

If we keep those guys, as I think we should, who are we cutting that’s a big deal?  Murphy and Perry?  Eh.  Wade? I doubt anyone signs him to their 53. 

But a good chance it may only be 3 of them plus Perry.  Unless they feel Yeldons ST Play is as good as Perry.

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I figure every team in the league will be dumping one or two.Could be as many as 40 on the  market. This is why I believe Wade will go un claimed.

Teams are looking for special teams/ RBs. I don't think Wade can do that...

We wouldn't know because the coaches seem afraid to let Wade play special teams.   Puzzling to me.