Buffalo Bills will be losing NFL-caliber talent at running back this week

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Not what it comes to the locker room, it's obvious McBeane are looking for team building not just roster building. 

Might not have to worry about it because McCoy is now a possibility in Houston, so DiMarco will STILL be one of 4 RB’s on the roster.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Might not have to worry about it because McCoy is now a possibility in Houston, so DiMarco will STILL be one of 4 RB’s on the roster.

Why would we trade McCoy to Houston? We're competing with them for a wild card spot, I mean I get people want us to get Clowney but his price tag isn't worth it if you ask me. 

24 minutes ago, HOUSE said:
Image result for tj yeldon

The Bills have a solid stable of running backs.

By Matt Warren Aug 25, 2019, 12:00pm EDT
  •  

The Buffalo Bills have some serious talent at running back, and they are going to have to move on from NFL-caliber players from the position this week in a numbers crunch as the final 53-man roster is decided.

Heading into the offseason with LeSean McCoy, Chris Ivory, and Marcus Murphy, we knew they would add some players to the mix after a down year for Shady. Buffalo did that and then some, completely overhauling the position and adding a ton of talent.

The Bills added Frank Gore to the mix first, which led to the release of Ivory. Buffalo had two experienced backs and Murphy, who played okay in limited work in 2018. Even then, we knew they would add bodies to the position for the offseason, but Buffalo didn’t just add training-camp fodder.

The next guy on the docket was T.J. Yeldon. Yeldon has had a solid NFL career as a complementary back, especially as a receiver out of the backfield, and adding him to the mix felt like the final piece to the puzzle. A mid-20s back to possibly take the mantle from the old guys next year.

The bombshell came in the 2019 NFL Draft, when Buffalo didn’t just use a pick on a running back, they used a third-round pick to select a running back. Devin Singletary is clearly the future, but now Buffalo has a logjam at running back.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/8/25/20831890/buffalo-bills-running-back-roster-cuts-lesean-mccoy-trade-frank-gore-devin-singletary-tj-yeldon

...sorry to politely disagree HOUSE, but I don't think you can limit this to RB spot only.....there will be some damn fine football players in the final 37 cuts.....and when is the LAST TIME in the last 15+ years where we were faced with "too much talent" conundrum?.....hell, there were years where we were bringing in 78 year old Walmart door greeters for tryouts......OR..at K-Mart for blue light specials....SMH.....can we fire McBeane for "too much"??...........

23 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I think Murphy can really help a lot of teams out there. It would be nice to get something for him instead of a release.

There will be 10-15 Marcus Murphy’s available in less than 2 weeks. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Keeping DiMarco is the biggest waste year in year out. He's not even that good a FB and he gives you zero offense. 

Im sort of here too. Use your best blocking tight end in that role for example on the goal like you have Lee smith and Sweeney. Dawkins can kick out to tight end too on goal line packages. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Keeping DiMarco is the biggest waste year in year out. He's not even that good a FB and he gives you zero offense. 

I don’t hate the idea of keeping him in a vacuum, but at the expense of a Yeldon or Duke Williams, I do.  

Especially when Lee Smith and Dawson Knox are excellent blockers.  Just use them in whatever random role DiMarco has if we need it.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There will be 10-15 Marcus Murphy’s available in less than 2 weeks. 

Im sort of here too. Use your best blocking tight end in that role for example on the goal like you have Lee smith and Sweeney. Dawkins can kick out to tight end too on goal line packages. 

You could easily teach Wade how to block in 1 season on the PS. You also have 4 TE's who can easily block as well or better than DiMarco and actually produce on offense. I just don't see the obsession over DiMarco by these coaches. We have too many quality players on this roster. We no longer have the luxury of holding a spot for DiMarco. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

29 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

We will be cutting quality players across the whole team. Players other teams will pick up to start for them. Seems nice for a change. Just hope they go with youth when it is a tie. 

What players are the Bills cutting that will be picked up and will START for another team...other than a cap casualty and I don’t think that will be an issue this year?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t hate the idea of keeping him in a vacuum, but at the expense of a Yeldon or Duke Williams, I do.  

Especially when Lee Smith and Dawson Knox are excellent blockers.  Just use them in whatever random role DiMarco has if we need it.  

How much does a 4th RB really make? I mean Marcus Murphy was our 4th RB last season, I really don't think he made an impact. Is Yeldon a player than him? Yes, but we're talking about field time and don't see any 4th RB getting significant time unless one of our top 3 goes down with an injury. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we keep DiMarco and cut either Duke or Yeldon I will lose my mind.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

How much does a 4th RB really make? I mean Marcus Murphy was our 4th RB last season, I really don't think he made an impact. Is Yeldon a player than him? Yes, but we're talking about field time and don't see any 4th RB getting significant time unless one of our top 3 goes down with an injury. 

Well our top two RB’s are old.  Still have juice, but old.  That has to factor in. 

Yeldon also brings a unique skill set as a pseudo-WR out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Well our top two RB’s are old.  Still have juice, but old.  That has to factor in. 

Yeldon also brings a unique skill set as a pseudo-WR out of the backfield. 

If Gore wasn't here I'd be all about keeping Yeldon as a 3rd down RB but Singletary and Shady can catch out of the backfield too, toss in Beasley on screen and short passes too. 

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You could easily teach Wade how to block in 1 season on the PS. You also have 4 TE's who can easily block as well or better than DiMarco and actually produce on offense. I just don't see the obsession over DiMarco by these coaches. We have too many quality players on this roster. We no longer have the luxury of holding a spot for DiMarco. 

In with you man. Kyle Williams has played full back for crimminy sake. It’s just an unnecessary specialization. 

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

What players are the Bills cutting that will be picked up and will START for another team...other than a cap casualty and I don’t think that will be an issue this year?

We can have this discussion in a week.