Week of Preseason Game 4 - updates

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we keep 7 WR looking at that.  

I have really come around on Duke the last couple weeks and I think McKenzie has earned it as well, so I think it's a strong possibility. I just have trouble finding the best place on the roster to cut back to make room. If they do keep only 6, I think it's McKenzie that just misses out. Does anyone know if he is still PS eligible? 

usatsi_13253915.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

TJ Yeldon confident he can contribute for Bills

But for the Bills, he might need to add a weapon to his game in order to make the team. He’s lined up snaps as a special teams contributor this preseason.

While new to his NFL career, it’s not something completely new for the former second-round pick out of Alabama.

“Being at ‘Bama, that’s one thing Nick Saban harped on. I played all four phases of special teams in college,” Yeldon told the Buffalo News.

“Saban harped on technique on special teams, and I feel that’s carried over for me. He always told us, no matter if you’re a starter or the last guy on the team, you’ve gotta get your special-teams reps.”

Yeldon’s status with the Bills is very much up in the air, despite his experience. If Buffalo cuts him, he could find himself on another team in a depth role because of it.

With the Bills’ fourth and final preseason game on the horizon on Thursday, Yeldon will likely see plenty of touches with starters not playing

Obviously, the quality in the preseason is questionable. Fourth preseason game in general is sloppy and tough to watch.  But...a whole game of Tyree makes it almost impossible to sit through. I say almost, but I will likely watch like the Bills football junkie that I am. Here’s hoping he performs better as the guy from start to finish. 

Here's my bizarre, bold prediction: By the middle of the second quarter, Tyree will find his groove, and by the end of the game he will look like an NFL prospect. Some posters on here will suggest that he needs to go to the PS. Some might even suggest that he will need to be the third QB.

per Sal Capaccio

Wade said he’s been told he’ll get plenty of playing time, but even admits he’s not sure if that’s just playful “banter” or real. The Bills will most likely rest veteran backs LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore. Devin Singletary figures to be a key part of their offense this year, so he may not play much, if at all, either. Senorise Perry has been dealing with an injury all week and hasn’t practiced, which leaves his status for the game in doubt. That leaves Wade, T.J. Yeldon, and Marcus Murphy as the most likely running backs for them against Minnesota.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1