Notable league Cut Tracker and discussion

MAJBobby

I figured as teams start to tweak rosters before major cut down day To start a thread to post any notable cuts. 

Former 2nd round Pick Safety Josh Jones was released from Packers after requesting trade. 

Would you be interested?  I almost feel I would want the Bills to put a claim in for him. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-jones?id=2558119

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Only one cut down day.  

Only one mandatory cut down day. Teams can release anyone at any time -as we’ve already done. We typically see vets who still have some usefulness but don’t fit/are caught in a numbers game released earlier for an opportunity to latch on to another team before they all have to trim to league maximum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Sounds like a Mark Barron type player.  Box safety who is vulnerable in coverage, hence the Packers wanted to move him to LB.  Doesn''t mean he can't be useful in a big nickel set

That’s what it sounds like to me. I don’t know much about the player but those hybrid/tweeners have fit well in McDermott’s system. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Only one cut down day.  

I think Bobby is saying there will be cuts prior to the deadline, so let’s start a tracker so we don’t have to play ketchup. ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I figured as teams start to tweak rosters before major cut down day To start a thread to post any notable cuts. 

Former 2nd round Pick Safety Josh Jones was released from Packers after requesting trade. 

Would you be interested?  I almost feel I would want the Bills to put a claim in for him. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/josh-jones?id=2558119

I do not think we need a safety in our 53- I think they are looking more for interior line help and maybe an additional cb with Gaines going down.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, dubs said:

I think Bobby is saying there will be cuts prior to the deadline, so let’s start a tracker so we don’t have to play ketchup. ? 

Yeah easier to put them in one thread instead of having separate threads. Teams will be releasing players all week. Happens every year even with the only One cut to 53 day. 

Everyone knows this but I'll say it anyway:  a lot of guys with no prayer of making 53's (or at least the 53's of the teams they're in TC with) will be kept around this week so teams have bodies to run out Thursday night when they're not going to play people they want to protect.   Otherwise I suspect it would be snowing cuts today and tomorrow because there's not much point keeping so many players around (90) when you're trying to prep for the season.