Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

Your Opinions On Gameday Opinions threads  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Your Opinions on the Gameday Opinions threads

• Keep ‘em
    • Change/Less/More topics
    • Fuggetaboutit

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2019 at 03:23 PM

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Mixed reactions.  I think they're restrictive during the game.  I think game day discussions probably need to be free for all mess.  

Bur I like rhem AFTER the game.  It makes sense for a day or two after the game to have the ads for o, d, qb, coach officiating.  There also should be a thread for general reactions to the game.  

That doesn't mean that mods have to shut down other threads that people start.  Some limitations are necessary, but more threads is better than less.  More threads generate more discussion.

I agree.  Having these general topic threads was useful, but they shouldn't be the exclusive threads on any topic.

This ^^^^

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Whaddaya got?

Note: I erred and didn’t allow comments previously. This should work..

Love the idea - just a few to many to get any real discussion on.  Maybe a few less with offense, Defense, and overall - could include officials, calls, mvp stuff

Really appreciate the effort - lots of work, but I think it will be helpful.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Bold part is untrue. I stayed with them and only unpinned the day after as each topic went 1 hour without comment. But I get your jist.

?

..so what if they went unused?......Bandwidth Police gonna cuff you?.......besides. the first time out, you put out one helluva menu and can make changes going forward as or if necessary....and great idea to unpin as necessary...:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

...to repeat (oh well), "81" did a helluva job coming up with a test format and doing so in pre-season with plenty of time to tweak as necessary.....had NO idea he was unpinning threads after one hour of inactivity....as you know, he is a staunch advocate of "staying with your threads" and chastises those that do not......and he did EXACTLY THAT with his......"practice what you preach bud" so noted.....:thumbsup:

I appreciate your efforts on this and liked the results.  I could live with using a smaller number of threads; perhaps just pre-game, first half, second half, and post-game.  Or you could just ditch the threads that got very few posts and keep the rest.

I would also like for at least one thread to stay pinned until the next game. It should contain links to the other unpinned threads  to make it easier for people who have to come late to the party.

Edited by Epictetus

If they reduce the number of emotionally charged rant threads after each game, then I’m all for keeping them. If they just add to the jumble, then they won’t help.  Time will tell.  Emotionally charged rant threads haven’t been too bad for this year’s preseason games so far.  I assume that’s because it’s only preseason, and the Bills have been winning.