If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Just now, Gugny said:

Remember how awesome Trent Edwards was in preseason games?

Stop it.

He's been kicked off of teams in high school, college and the pros.  The only thing he's proven is that he's not a team player.

You keep mentioning off the field stuff. Show me where he hasn't dominated on the field when healthy. All he can do is make the most of the opportunities he does get. Im not saying its guaranteed that he will be great. All Im saying is what I BELIEVE to be true and giving the only evidence I have available to back up my belief. The kid was immature and messing with drugs. My nephew is good friends with Chad and is certain he is clean now. He doesnt even go out anymore AT ALL and has totally abstained from substances including alcohol since that Halloween incident. I got high hopes for this kid.

Just now, StHustle said:

You keep mentioning off the field stuff. Show me where he hasn't dominated on the field when healthy. All he can do is make the most of the opportunities he does get. Im not saying its guaranteed that he will be great. All Im saying is what I BELIEVE to be true and giving the only evidence I have available to back up my belief. The kid was immature and messing with drugs. My nephew is good friends with Chad and is certain he is clean now. He doesnt even go out anymore AT ALL and has totally abstained from substances including alcohol since that Halloween incident. I got high hopes for this kid.

I already showed you.

He's taken one NFL snap.  One.  Ever.

He's never made them most of any opportunity.  Literally, NEVER.  Why now?  Because his last name is Kelly?  Blah.  His chances ran out and he has no business clogging up a spot just because Uncle Jim asked for a favor.

I'm glad to hear he's clean and I hope he stays that way.  He still doesn't belong in the NFL in any capacity.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

For all I know he beat the guy with his camera and is guilty as sin. And, for all you know, Chad Kelly did nothing, the guy tripped over his own two feet and fell down smashing his face and camera in the process, and has convinced an attorney to sue on his behalf in exchange for 40% of the proceeds.  IOW, we do not know what happened.  And, there is a presumption of innocence in this country rather than, "Look what he DID."

You have a good day now. ? 

Presumption of innocence in a legal sense of utmost importance.  I’d never argue otherwise.  But presumption of innocence in everyday life is very, very different.  We are all free to speculate and even make (hopefully logical) inferences regarding situations in daily life.  Hopefully that’s done evenly and not only in select cases.  You know, because it’d be immoral to do that. 

I will leave it there.  You have a nice day too. 

Just now, Gugny said:

I already showed you.

He's never made them most of any opportunity.  Literally, NEVER.  Why now?  Because his last name is Kelly?  Blah.  His chances ran out and he has no business clogging up a spot just because Uncle Jim asked for a favor.

I'm glad to hear he's clean and I hope he stays that way.  He still doesn't belong in the NFL in any capacity.

Have you actually watched him play in preseason? Can you say anything negatively about HIS GAME cause your whole case for him not deserving to be in this league is off the field stuff. HE MADE ONE MISTAKE WHILE BEING IN THE NFL. Im sorry but getting intoxicated, blacking out and wondering in someone;s home is NOT grounds to be permanently banned from the NFL. You are compiling stuff from his teenage year.

Look, beating out a first round pick (albeit Paxton Lynch) IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. Dominating the preseason opportunities you get IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. The guy is decisive and accurate and can make all the throws. His last name has NOTHING to do with my belief in him. His last name is simply the reason why I paid an attention to him and once he got my attention I saw a kid that has ALL THE TOOLS to be a successful starting QB in this league.

Just now, StHustle said:

Have you actually watched him play in preseason? Can you say anything negatively about HIS GAME cause your whole case for him not deserving to be in this league is off the field stuff. HE MADE ONE MISTAKE WHILE BEING IN THE NFL. Im sorry but getting intoxicated, blacking out and wondering in someone;s home is NOT grounds to be permanently banned from the NFL. You are compiling stuff from his teenage year.

Look, beating out a first round pick (albeit Paxton Lynch) IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. Dominating the preseason opportunities you get IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT. The guy is decisive and accurate and can make all the throws. His last name has NOTHING to do with my belief in him. His last name is simply the reason why I paid an attention to him and once he got my attention I saw a kid that has ALL THE TOOLS to be a successful starting QB in this league.

I'll try this another way.

Doing well in preseason doesn't mean a goddamn thing; nor does beating out Paxton Lynch.

Lastly, one of the most important TOOLS to being a successful starting QB in the NFL is intelligence.  He's not even close to having all the necessary tools.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Preseason performance?  Well, he’s no Nathan Peterman.  That’s for sure.  

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'll try this another way.

Doing well in preseason doesn't mean a goddamn thing; nor does beating out Paxton Lynch.

Lastly, one of the most important TOOLS to being a successful starting QB in the NFL is intelligence.  He's not even close to having all the necessary tools.

He has shown to be VERY intelligent ON THE FIELD. To say performance in preseason "doesn't mean a goddamn thing" is asinine. If that's all the tape you have on a guy than that's all you can judge him by. According to you, all we have to judge him on play -wise, is a kneel down? So if he was starting next week, I guess the opposing team would just watch the kneel down since what he shown in the preseason "doesn't mean a goddamn thing." What an idiotic assessment. This debate is over. Just agree to disagree. But tell me how that crow tastes once he does get his chance.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I already showed you.

I honestly got crap for railing on Peterman but my belief was (and is) that he was taking a roster spot from a more deserving player. He’s taking a check that belongs to someone else. 

My thought is the same for Chad Kelly but for a different reason. He obviously has WAY more ability than Peterman but he is a WAY, WAY, WAY worse person. If any other 3rd string QB had Chad Kelly’s laundry list of offenses he’d absolutely be out of the league. If his uncle wasn’t Jim Kelly there is ZERO chance that he’s have a job. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

On 8/25/2019 at 7:12 AM, SoTier said:

This is his "golden opportunity" to be sure.  It's Drew Bledsoe getting hurt in the first game of the 2001 season.  It's Fitzmagic coming into the Bills game and throwing the 99-yard TD to Terrell Owens.   He was unlikely to stick with Indy unless they kept 3 QBs.  Now, off his preseason work, he's not only likely to be the backup to Brissett, but much more likely to get a shot at the starting slot.

I think Brissett's really had an underrated year.

• Like (+1) 1

Meanwhile, at a ranch somewhere on the Great Plains in 1863, a former Union Army captain puts pen to paper:

”Dearest Mother,

Had I known that General Reich needed to enlist ruffians and those of questionable character, I might have stayed to prevent such kinds.

Your dearest son,

Andrew”

• Awesome! (+1) 2