If Chad Kelly Was Ever Going to Make It

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

10 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Colts fans aren't even mentioning Kelly.

It's either Brissett or tank for Tua.

Did you mean maneuver for Tua?

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well he'll definitely make the team as their backup and if Brissett stumbles he could get that chance. I personally think Indy will go all in on tanking for Lawrence. 

How exactly would they go about tanking? Not showing up on game day is about the only way this happens, IMO.

1). Why anyone would root for Kelly is beyond me.  Dude has been given more chances than most human beings are given in 5 lifetimes and by all accounts, is a total douche.  It’s like rooting for a rich kid who has been handed everything and keeps screwing up.

2) are we sure he is even good?

3). EJ got screwed here 

4). The Colts will still be a tough team to beat.  

5). Love old white guys talking about how played out the race card is.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Peterman played very well in two(now 3) preseasons.  I thought he out played TT in the preseason.  So, the chances he received were earned on the field and not because of his color.   

Also, he was earning about nothing so he is a good value toward the risk/reward calculation. 

EJ was 2-2 when he was benched with way better stats than Peterman.  EJ got cut from the Raiders last preseason with a 120 qb rating http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/profile.  

I generally think it is performance based but it does seem like white crappy qbs get more 2nd and 3rd chances than black ones.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). Why anyone would root for Kelly is beyond me.  Dude has been given more chances than most human beings are given in 5 lifetimes and by all accounts, is a total douche.  It’s like rooting for a rich kid who has been handed everything and keeps screwing up.

3). EJ got screwed here 

From what I saw of Kelley he looks like a good prospect but how good we dont know yet.  

EJ screwed here?  How about with Oakland and KC ??

I’m in the camp that Chad is the best QB on that team now.  If the Colts start out 1-4 or even 2-3 and not showing signs of having much of a passing game, Reich will put him in there.  This all depends on Kelly staying squeaky clean off the field. 

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well he'll definitely make the team as their backup and if Brissett stumbles he could get that chance. I personally think Indy will go all in on tanking for Lawrence. 

I think Lawrence has to play next year also.  He is only a sophomore 

2 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

From what I saw of Kelley he looks like a good prospect but how good we dont know yet.  

EJ screwed here?  How about with Oakland and KC ??

EJ got Nate Hackett as an OC and QB coach, who had been an OC at Syracuse.   Andrew Luck has Bruce Arians.  EJ got benched after 4 games with a 5 td to 3 int and 80 qb rating.  Not amazing but pretty awful to pull a 2nd year qb for (I’m not biggest Allen fan but I’d be furious if they did that!).

peterman has a career qb rating of 32.5!!!!  All I heard about awful Kaepernick was his last year and he had 90.7 QB rating. 

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m in the camp that Chad is the best QB on that team now.  If the Colts start out 1-4 or even 2-3 and not showing signs of having much of a passing game, Reich will put him in there.  This all depends on Kelly staying squeaky clean off the field. 

What has Kelly shown at the nfl level that allows to make that claim?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

EJ got Nate Hackett as an OC and QB coach, who had been an OC at Syracuse.   Andrew Luck has Bruce Arians.  EJ got benched after 4 games with a 5 td to 3 int and 80 qb rating.  Not amazing but pretty awful to pull a 2nd year qb for (I’m not biggest Allen fan but I’d be furious if they did that!).

peterman has a career qb rating of 32.5!!!!  All I heard about awful Kaepernick was his last year and he had 90.7 QB rating. 

So you honestly think that there are teams that think they could be contenders with Kaep and choose not to because of his color?  If you think QB get chances based on color your nuts!!! The only color in the NFL is green...  

If I recall correctly he wanted to be singed as a starter for big money.  If he was willing to sign a 1 year prove it deal he would have been signed in a second.  Why did he choose not to bet on himself?  

Just now, artmalibu said:

So you honestly think that there are teams that think they could be contenders with Kaep and choose not to because of his color?  If you think QB get chances based on color your nuts!!! The only color in the NFL is green...  

If I recall correctly he wanted to be singed as a starter for big money.  If he was willing to sign a 1 year prove it deal he would have been signed in a second.  Why did he choose not to bet on himself?  

In a league that gives women beaters second chances, it’s pretty nuts that CK isn’t on a team.  If you are being honest, he is one of the best 40 qbs on the planet.  I do know it has more to do with other things than his color however.

as for EJ, he was right about Peterman thing.  Peterman was given more of a chance here than EJ.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not sure if you are talking about me but if you are, I ain't old and I feel my opinion is much more nuanced than saying how played out the race card is.

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

3). EJ got screwed here 

I for one root for any person who's been an idiot and a jackass to overcome that and become a better person whether or not they are a public figure.  In Kelly's case he's got a great mentor in Reich and now a real opportunity to make an NFL roster.  If he screws this up with off the field stuff then he's even dumber than he's been.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Not sure if you are talking about me but if you are, I ain't old and I feel my opinion is much more nuanced than saying how played out the race card is.

I was talking in general.  Does race get brought up too much?  Absolutely.  Kelly is getting his 43 chance because of his uncle, not his race.  So I agree there.

but there is something disingenuous about a white person talking about race card and stuff.  You (in general) aren’t a minority, you have no idea how it feels to be in their shoes.  Growing up as a black kid in Southside Chicago is a different world than being a white kid from Amherst.  

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I for one root for any person who's been an idiot and a jackass to overcome that and become a better person whether or not they are a public figure.  In Kelly's case he's got a great mentor in Reich and now a real opportunity to make an NFL roster.  If he screws this up with off the field stuff then he's even dumber than he's been.

I get that but it sucks that a lot of guys don’t even get a 2nd chance at the nfl.   Also, how does a normal person get treated when they threaten to shoot up a bar with an AK 47?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I was talking in general.  Does race get brought up too much?  Absolutely.  Kelly is getting his 43 chance because of his uncle, not his race.  So I agree there.

but there is something disingenuous about a white person talking about race card and stuff.  You (in general) aren’t a minority, you have no idea how it feels to be in their shoes.  Growing up as a black kid in Southside Chicago is a different world than being a white kid from Amherst.  

I totally agree.  What has been done to the black community in America is a total disgrace.  I wish it wasn't the way it is and we should do something about it.  I just think certain terms make the issue more divisive and in the end, disrupt action towards the goal of equality.  This is a discussion for another time but imo ending the drug war and legalizing some drugs while decriminalizing all others, would be the biggest step towards making things right.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In a league that gives women beaters second chances, it’s pretty nuts that CK isn’t on a team.  If you are being honest, he is one of the best 40 qbs on the planet.  I do know it has more to do with other things than his color however.

as for EJ, he was right about Peterman thing.  Peterman was given more of a chance here than EJ.  

CK was not willing to bet on himself.  He wanted franchise starting contract and many did not believe he is one.  Including many black players like Shady. 

The Bills gave Peterman 2 starts and benched him after both. Not including the ones he got due to injury.  I believe he was benched before completing one of those starts.  When he got the start against the Chargers it was more of a TT benching than a peterman starting deal.  TT averaged 185 yards of passing per game that season.  

How may starts did the Bills give EJ?  

EJ got chances with 3 NFL teams and Peterman is only on his second.....

• Haha (+1) 1

From the little I have seen or read of Chad Kelly, I do not believe he has what it takes to be a QB1 in the league. He continues to do stupid things at every stop on his adventures in football.  The guy is a bit of a moron by all accounts. I of course could be wrong, but I don’t think so. The OP is correct though in that this is his only chance, and then only if the football gods are actually smiling upon him.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

12 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Ehh...white privilege? I dont think so. This seems to be any minoritiy reporters goto button to explain things.

Does Tyreek Hill have black privilege? He is still playing when almost universally its been stated the NFL should suspend him. He doesn't seem to bring that up conveniently...also conveniently left out how Michael Vick returned to the NFL after his jail time...

There are some things that are viewed as bad but people get over them and then there are social issues that people are so divided over that they will never get over like what Kaepernick is dealing with. If Kaepernick was a high end starter in this league he would still be playing...teams would not like it but his talent would outweigh the backlash from fans, distractions and media circus. But he isn't. He is a marginal starter or very good backup amd no team is willing to deal with that level of adversity for a backup player. It just isnt happening in any league not just the NFL.

well, this screams of "I don't have many friends that don't look like me"

"Tyreek Hill have black privilege?" - what does that even mean? I think we all know where the NFL stands when to comes to abuse, as well as its fans. I mean do people even think before they type? the NFL knows that racist Americans will not tolerate a black man calling them out on their racism and systemic oppression. they're ok with spousal abuse, animal abuse, child abuse, sexual assault, drug use, and much more....but don't dare call out racism. they're willing to boycott the entire league over that. burn jerseys and other paraphernalia. Kaep has no criminal record.

Tyreek Hill didn't go against the system, nor did Vick. They didn't talk about systemic and racial oppression, which is something this country and its citizens have had a real hard time understanding. you talk about "If Kaepernick was a high end starter in this league he would still be playing" - give me a break. that's the same tired excuse used to deflect from the main issue. check his resume and his stats. marginal QBs don't take their team to the SB in their rookie year, or break records.

As a minority I don't waste much time trying to explain racism to those who aren't willing to just quiet their mouths and listen. if you've never experienced it, you'll never understand its nuances.

Hill's jersey wasn't burned. Big Ben's jersey wasn't burned. Josh Brown's jersey wasn't burned. Teams weren't boycotted. Threats weren't made. Nope. That's reserved for the man who called out systemic racism and oppression.

"Ehh...white privilege? I dont think so. This seems to be any minoritiy reporters goto button to explain things." - and it seems to be most white americans go to button to deny its existence.

White Privilege is being able to walk into a black church, kill 9 parishioners, get peacefully apprehended by the police....and taken to get Burger King, after killing NINE people.

Edited by 87168
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get that but it sucks that a lot of guys don’t even get a 2nd chance at the nfl.   Also, how does a normal person get treated when they threaten to shoot up a bar with an AK 47?  

I see a lot of players and frankly coaches that get a 2nd and 3rd and 4th chance after either bad behavior or lousy performances.  Personally I've argued on this board that players like Kareem Hunt should not be banished from the NFL or any profession after doing something dumb.  Pay a price for the mistake, absolutely.  The world is full of human rehab projects but sometimes the rehab has to take place in a fresh place and in a small industry like the NFL, there are only so many chances that can be provided. 

15 minutes ago, 87168 said:

well, this screams of "I don't have many friends that don't look like me"

"Tyreek Hill have black privilege?" - what does that even mean? I think we all know where the NFL stands when to comes to abuse, as well as its fans. I mean do people even think before they type? the NFL knows that racist Americans will not tolerate a black man calling them out on their racism and systemic oppression. they're ok with spousal abuse, animal abuse, child abuse, sexual assault, drug use, and much more....but don't dare call out racism. they're willing to boycott the entire league over that. burn jerseys and other paraphernalia. Kaep has no criminal record.

Tyreek Hill didn't go against the system, nor did Vick. They didn't talk about systemic and racial oppression, which is something this country and its citizens have had a real hard time understanding. you talk about "If Kaepernick was a high end starter in this league he would still be playing" - give me a break. that's the same tired excuse used to deflect from the main issue. check his resume and his stats. marginal QBs don't take their team to the SB in their rookie year, or break records.

As a minority I don't waste much time trying to explain racism to those who aren't willing to just quiet their mouths and listen. if you've never experienced it, you'll never understand its nuances.

Hill's jersey wasn't burned. Big Ben's jersey wasn't burned. Josh Brown's jersey wasn't burned. Teams weren't boycotted. Threats weren't made. Nope. That's reserved for the man who called out systemic racism and oppression.

"Ehh...white privilege? I dont think so. This seems to be any minoritiy reporters goto button to explain things." - and it seems to be most white americans go to button to deny its existence.

White Privilege is being able to walk into a black church, kill 9 parishioners, get peacefully apprehended by the police....and taken to get Burger King, after killing NINE people.

Kap is a fraud.

He took the money in a settlement instead of taking the case against the NFL to court and exposing their “systemic and racial oppression.”

Then he and Nike schemed up that nice Betsy Ross shoe controversy to make money off ppl who think he is some kind of civil rights leader. Ha! Guy only cares about money and attention.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, artmalibu said:

Peterman played very well in two(now 3) preseasons.  I thought he out played TT in the preseason.  So, the chances he received were earned on the field and not because of his color.   

Also, he was earning about nothing so he is a good value toward the risk/reward calculation. 

"White privilege" isn't that NFL teams necessarily favor specific white players over specific black players.  It's that there seems to be a tendency for white QBs to get more opportunities than black QBs.  Of the 32 NFL teams, only 8 teams -- 25% -- have black starting QBs: Brisett, Jackson, Mahomes, Watson in the AFC and Newton, Prescott, Wilson, and Winston in the NFC.  Before Luck's retirement, there were only 7 black starters in the NFL, and if Haskins beats out Keenum in Washington that will be 9 starters ... in a league where 70 or 75% of the players are black.   The source of this discrepancy is probably not the NFL but rather at the college and high school levels.

Peterman "out played TT" because he played against scrubs in 2017.   After his debacle against the Chargers, the Bills should have been looking for a replacement then.  McDermott was set on Peterman before the first preseason game IMO, and conveniently, McCarron got hurt in the first game.  IIRC, Peterman never played against starters in the 2018 preseason, just as he hasn't played against first team Ds this preseason with Oakland.   It's easy to look good against 3rd and 4th stringers in basic defenses; there a camp phenoms around the league every preseason who do that.   Would even other white QBs get as many chances as Peterman has when his name has almost become synonymous "worst QB ever" in just a handful of games?  I don't know.  Maybe it's "nice guy" privilege.

• Like (+1) 1