Jump to content
Tatonka68

Lucks retirement and Miller injury news effects Bills

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tebow won ten games.

 

If you want to look at situations like that and bet on it being the norm, you do you.

 

ill bank on a qb that wins 29% of his game and averages less than a td per game not to have many winning seasons. Not impossible but takes a hell of a lot to align 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

 

 

LMAO!

 

Other than this, you drive me nuts.

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Ha - actually as it stands right now, I have the Titans being the only team from the AFCS to make the playoffs.

 

It's a jumble for sure. I'd actually have the Titans last in a very close, competitive race.

11 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Imho I think the colts have a lot of talent.  Very strong d, Jacoby can handle a full season and stay competitive.  With luck the were s.b. candidates without the are still a very tough out every week.  Reich can lead them to a winning record.  Sucks for their fans though.  

 

 

Agree. 

 

With Luck, they were my AFC SB rep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

 

If you want to look at situations like that and bet on it being the norm, you do you.

 

ill bank on a qb that wins 29% of his game and averages less than a td per game not to have many winning seasons. Not impossible but takes a hell of a lot to align 

I didn’t say anything was “the norm,” just that it’s not impossible. 

 

There’s a history of fraud teams who have success until they hit the postseason and get destroyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

 

You just watched 20 years of decent defense and some talent but no QB and you still post this straight faced?

 

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, partially or totally, but I think the Colts are a very solid team that will compete for a playoff spot even in Luck's absence.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

We often, maybe always, had a better qb situation. In a qb driven league. 

 

How many winning seasons were there? 

 

They may show up to play but if it’s a winning record it’s the wheels coming off everyone in the division plus some extra breaks 

 

Ok, no sarcasm, I guess.

 

I think you'll be surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Billznut said:

A lot of their “fans” booed him tonight. I don’t feel sorry for those that booed at all. 

And people think that Philly fans are heartless! I mean, the people who booed Luck are straight up MORONS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Not saying jacoby is the answer.  But weren't there reports of teams trying to trade for him last year or more recently and colts essentially stonewalling?  Perhaps a former q.b. and o.c. may recognize traits in a q.b. that the NFL fan can not.  Again, this intended to support my argument that they are a solid organization, not the jacoby can lead them to the promise land.  To your point, maybe Kelly is the answer...and if so, who gets credit?

 

Kelly is not the answer on or off the field.

 

 

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

That would be genius actually...

 

On behalf of the Giants, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

This is where we find out how good Reich really is.

 

I can't wait for BB to revert back to a "bad coach" once Marsha retires.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

And people think that Philly fans are heartless! I mean, the people who booed Luck are straight up MORONS.

He said he’s been struggling with this dilemma, knowing he didn’t want to do it anymore. 1 week prior to the Regular Season is a helluva time for a starting QB to announce his retirement from a Playoff team.

Just ask anybody who selected him on their Fantasy team, let alone 1st time Season Ticket holders. Booing is understandable, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

 

I can't wait for BB to revert back to a "bad coach" once Marsha retires.

He didnt look like a bad coach his last year in Clev. or when Matt Cassel started for a season or when Brady was suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just ask anybody who selected him on their Fantasy team, let alone 1st time Season Ticket holders. Booing is understandable, imo.

 

Yep.  Why couldn't he be more like all those old time players who now have degenerative arthritis and CTE.  Can't deprive the fantasy team players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HOF4LOU said:

Chad Kelly starter by week 5. Reich thanking his bud Jim 

So they're tanking for Tua? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

 

Jacoby Brisette sucks and we are all about to see it. 

 

 Had Kelly will be QBing that team by week 6.

i agree. jacoby at best imo is 7-9 and that's being generous. enter jim kelly....er...chad. wouldn't that be a hoot if 3 yrs. from now colts fans are saying...man , if luck hadn't retired, we would have never known what we had in kelly. i believe it's possible, especially with frank running things.

  • Skeptical 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You edited this for spelling and still can’t spell THEY? 😳

 

um.. Welcome Aboard!

73452EE1-4A86-4981-9E93-F3E5BEC17E48.jpeg

Haha!   Long time reader just getting into posting.  I thought it was a required field to fill in.  Then I realized it was not necessary.  Also still getting used to typing on phone.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

 

For what, a bag of Doritos?  <- Bad deal for Colts.

Only if it's these 

GUEST_40969b80-d257-471b-ad16-cbe93eb8fd

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He didnt look like a bad coach his last year in Clev. or when Matt Cassel started for a season or when Brady was suspended.

 

Not a lot of meat on that bone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 9:59 PM, SWATeam said:

I don't know, I could see both the Texans and the Jags making the playoffs.  Especially now that they both play a weakened Colts team twice.

This. I would think it lessens bills chances at w.c. I could very well see a second wc from the south. Colts just became the Dolphins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

This. I would think it lessens bills chances at w.c. I could very well see a second wc from the south. Colts just became the Dolphins.

 

Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville...that is the 9-7 derby.  10-6 should knock those teams out of the wild card hunt.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

 

Not a lot of meat on that bone.

That's what she said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chris66 said:

This. I would think it lessens bills chances at w.c. I could very well see a second wc from the south. Colts just became the Dolphins.

I don’t see the Bills getting the w.c. anyway.

 

I see them making the playoffs for sure.  Just not as a w.c.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 11:07 PM, Billznut said:

Very few teams in history have survived losing their franchise qb during a season. Doubtful they will either. A lot of their “fans” booed him tonight. I don’t feel sorry for those that booed at all. 


Yes he could have taken QB snap week 1, have a mysterious injury like Planters Fakeitis and be out for season collecting a large check.

I have a lot of respect for him resigning before season not mid game week 1.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:26 PM, billsredneck1 said:

i agree. jacoby at best imo is 7-9 and that's being generous. enter jim kelly....er...chad. wouldn't that be a hoot if 3 yrs. from now colts fans are saying...man , if luck hadn't retired, we would have never known what we had in kelly. i believe it's possible, especially with frank running things.

 

Certainly possible.  Reich is one of the best in QB room and maybe Chad will be taken under Frank's wing helping keeping him out of trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Limeaid said:


Yes he could have taken QB snap week 1, have a mysterious injury like Planters Fakeitis and be out for season collecting a large check.

I have a lot of respect for him resigning before season not mid game week 1.

 

Certainly possible.  Reich is one of the best in QB room and maybe Chad will be taken under Frank's wing helping keeping him out of trouble.

well i believe he will start the season as the no.2 and if they get off to say a 2-5 start....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Success said:

I don’t see the Bills getting the w.c. anyway.

 

I see them making the playoffs for sure.  Just not as a w.c.

They say that sight tends to get worst when you get old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

They say that sight tends to get worst when you get old

 

And we have Pats fans as proof....  they are getting blind to the reality that

 

Tom (the old gray mare) ain't what he used to be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

And we have Pats fans as proof....  they are getting blind to the reality that

 

Tom (the old gray mare) ain't what he used to be 

Still the best qb in the division

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think this makes the Bills' path easier - actually, I think it makes it harder.

 

  • Somebody still has to win the AFC south, so that playoff spot is still taken.  
  • The AFC West plays the AFC South this year, so the path just got easier for that division.  Any reason to think that both KC and LAC won't go 4-0 against the AFC south this year?  Wildcard spot #1 probably goes to the AFC West.
  • This leaves one Wildcard for the AFC East and North to fight over.  

I understand the argument that weakening AFC playoff contenders is good for the Bills.  I just believe that these injuries help the teams that play HOU and INDY this year more than the injuries help the Bills.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...