Lucks retirement and Miller injury news effects Bills

Tatonka68

9 hours ago, billrooter said:

Going to be interesting I think i see Chad Kelly possibly getting a start at some point, i say Kelly starts week 7 any other projections?  Just seen BB beat me to it he said week 6.

I thought of Chad Kelly when I heard the news about Luck.  This could be his one and only shot.  Hope the kid makes the best of it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Imho I think the colts have a lot of talent.  Very strong d, Jacoby can handle a full season and stay competitive.  With luck the were s.b. candidates without the are still a very tough out every week.  Reich can lead them to a winning record.  Sucks for their fans though.  

This is where we find out how good Reich really is.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Okay, I get it.  They may not be good at all this year.  Moving forward it seems from a non colts fan, and nfl novice observer (me) that the colts organization is structured better then a lot of other teams.  Do the texans even have a g.m.?  Moving forward they are equipped to bounce back.  Will they?  Time will tell and I will enjoy seeing what happens. I still think they can give afc south teams problems this year which seems to be the o.p. topic afc south this year.  Do I think they win the division? No.

No matter how good your front office is you can't pull a franchise QB out of your orifice.  They are rolling with Brissett and Kelly.

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

We often, maybe always, had a better qb situation. In a qb driven league. 

How many winning seasons were there? 

They may show up to play but if it’s a winning record it’s the wheels coming off everyone in the division plus some extra breaks 

Tebow won ten games.

11 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

The loss of Andrew Luck and the injury of Lamar Miller effects the AFC playoff race before the start of the Season. The AFC South just got weaker and more competitive giving the Bills an easier route to grab a playoff spot. I doubt you will see a wildcard team from the AFC South and the division winner be around 9-7 or 10-6. 

If the Colts are seriously weakened, and they are, that will help the teams in their division. 

Less parity could lead to inflated records in this division.   Advantage to AFC South division for wildcard opportunities.  

22 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Tebow won ten games.

If you want to look at situations like that and bet on it being the norm, you do you.

ill bank on a qb that wins 29% of his game and averages less than a td per game not to have many winning seasons. Not impossible but takes a hell of a lot to align 

12 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

LMAO!

Other than this, you drive me nuts.

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

Ha - actually as it stands right now, I have the Titans being the only team from the AFCS to make the playoffs.

It's a jumble for sure. I'd actually have the Titans last in a very close, competitive race.

11 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Imho I think the colts have a lot of talent.  Very strong d, Jacoby can handle a full season and stay competitive.  With luck the were s.b. candidates without the are still a very tough out every week.  Reich can lead them to a winning record.  Sucks for their fans though.  

Agree. 

With Luck, they were my AFC SB rep.

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If you want to look at situations like that and bet on it being the norm, you do you.

ill bank on a qb that wins 29% of his game and averages less than a td per game not to have many winning seasons. Not impossible but takes a hell of a lot to align 

I didn’t say anything was “the norm,” just that it’s not impossible. 

There’s a history of fraud teams who have success until they hit the postseason and get destroyed.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

You just watched 20 years of decent defense and some talent but no QB and you still post this straight faced?

Can't tell if this is sarcasm, partially or totally, but I think the Colts are a very solid team that will compete for a playoff spot even in Luck's absence.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

We often, maybe always, had a better qb situation. In a qb driven league. 

How many winning seasons were there? 

They may show up to play but if it’s a winning record it’s the wheels coming off everyone in the division plus some extra breaks 

Ok, no sarcasm, I guess.

I think you'll be surprised.

11 hours ago, Billznut said:

A lot of their “fans” booed him tonight. I don’t feel sorry for those that booed at all. 

And people think that Philly fans are heartless! I mean, the people who booed Luck are straight up MORONS.

10 hours ago, Nicabills321 said:

Not saying jacoby is the answer.  But weren't there reports of teams trying to trade for him last year or more recently and colts essentially stonewalling?  Perhaps a former q.b. and o.c. may recognize traits in a q.b. that the NFL fan can not.  Again, this intended to support my argument that they are a solid organization, not the jacoby can lead them to the promise land.  To your point, maybe Kelly is the answer...and if so, who gets credit?

Kelly is not the answer on or off the field.

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

That would be genius actually...

On behalf of the Giants, for sure.

13 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

And people think that Philly fans are heartless! I mean, the people who booed Luck are straight up MORONS.

He said he’s been struggling with this dilemma, knowing he didn’t want to do it anymore. 1 week prior to the Regular Season is a helluva time for a starting QB to announce his retirement from a Playoff team.

Just ask anybody who selected him on their Fantasy team, let alone 1st time Season Ticket holders. Booing is understandable, imo.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just ask anybody who selected him on their Fantasy team, let alone 1st time Season Ticket holders. Booing is understandable, imo.

Yep.  Why couldn't he be more like all those old time players who now have degenerative arthritis and CTE.  Can't deprive the fantasy team players...