Luck retiring

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Luck is not coming back. He knows that this is a physical game and injuries are a part of it. He doesn’t want to have to go through what he has for the last four or five years. He’s done. As he said, he has clarity in his decision.

I agree with this.  It really sounds like he just lost all love for the game.  The sacrifice wasn't/isn't worth it anymore.  

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The timing wasn't ideal but it could've been worse.  I suspect the injury he's gone/going through is something is worse than what was reported.  He may have had multiple setbacks in what was originally considered a minor injury that turned into a major injury.  You also have to remember that Brisett has taken all the reps with the #1's up to this point so having some clarity that he's the guy might be a positive thing.  I only heard positive words and support from his teammates up to this point.

should have went on IR then bailed the team out at the end.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

should have went on IR then bailed the team out at the end.

I don't know the significance of the injury but that's certainly a possibility.  He could've had a Gronk like final season and then retired citing all the reasons he did at the press conference.  There is something to be said though for getting out of the way so your team can say for sure..."Okay, Brisett is our guy.  Let's prove the doubters wrong." 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I don't know the significance of the injury but that's certainly a possibility.  He could've had a Gronk like final season and then retired citing all the reasons he did at the press conference.  There is something to be said though for getting out of the way so your team can say for sure..."Okay, Brisett is our guy.  Let's prove the doubters wrong." 

screwed up there, Brisett isnt the answer.