Luck retiring

Good for him and a sad day for NFL fans.  I'm not a Colts fan at all but he was an absolute beast of a player on the field and it really sucks to see him go.

I'm not that surprised that the fans booed him but I really hope that they ultimately appreciate Luck and what he gave them over the years.  If they don't then screw em and I hope the Colts are garbage for decades.

I'm also not surprised that a handful of morons on here are calling him a wuss, weak, etc.  Yes the timing was bad but otherwise just shut the heck up.  The NFL chews up players and spits them out without a second thought, countless players die early or can barely move years after playing.  Anyone calling Luck names for his decision has a sociopathic deficit of empathy and really needs to take a good look in the mirror.

Oh and if I read one more freaking Chad Kelly hype post I'm going to staple my eyelids shut.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, NickelCity said:

People mention the Stanford degree all the time, but it's hilarious trying to imagine a scenario in which an architecture/design firm hires Andrew Luck to an entry level position commensurate with a bachelor's degree and no experience. 

I get that he has 97mil and would never be in that situation, but I think it's funny to think through the hypothetical of him trying to use his degree. Same with Fitz.

While not as relevant to architecture, he surely has a lot of experience a 21 year old out of college would not. A degree plus nearly a decade managing an empire plus leadership skills, etc.... would clearly jump him past most ground floor employees in most fields even ignoring the star boost and just looking practically 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Brissett is starter quality, he proved that in NE. They're not giving up that much for a back-up.

Did you see what the Bills did to him at New England in 2016?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, NickelCity said:

People mention the Stanford degree all the time, but it's hilarious trying to imagine a scenario in which an architecture/design firm hires Andrew Luck to an entry level position commensurate with a bachelor's degree and no experience. 

I get that he has 97mil and would never be in that situation, but I think it's funny to think through the hypothetical of him trying to use his degree. Same with Fitz.

I see you have a workers mentality. No offense but if you have a high level degree especially from a top notch school AND close to 60 million in the bank you would never have to work for someone else. You would just start your own company and hire great talent. Plus Luck seems like a person that would be hands on to get the real world experience that he would want, to be able to have the technical knowledge along with the business sense that would be needed to own and lead the company if he chose to.

Edited by Protocal69

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

While not as relevant to architecture, he surely has a lot of experience a 21 year old out of college would not. A degree plus nearly a decade managing an empire plus leadership skills, etc.... would clearly jump him past most ground floor employees in most fields even ignoring the star boost and just looking practically 

He doesn't need to go job hunting, he can open his own firm. 

Dammit man, I picked TY Hilton in my FF draft!

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Just traded for him because Luck was my dynasty league QB. Damn shame. Great football player and all accounts an even better person. 

8 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Clearly, I was just talking in the absurd hypothetical. Obviously he isn’t hopping into a cubicle anywhere 

• Thank you (+1) 1

ESPN article 

This is not an easy decision. Honestly, it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me. For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, and it's be unceasing, unrelenting, both in-season and offseason, and I felt stuck in it. The only way I see out is to no longer play football.

https://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/24738/transcript-of-andrew-lucks-retirement-news-conference