Luck retiring

Sorry if this has already been posted (this thread is way too long already), but:

1. Has there been another retirement of a player in his prime as significant as this? Perhaps Barry Sanders? Or Michael Jordan in the NBA?

2. Does this make Houston the favorite in the AFC South?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s made 97 mill, has 1st kid on the way. It’s not what football fans want to see but... 

I hate it. Honestly it made my head spin to read it because he’s so good, and so valuable, and now he’s gone. It’s a blow to the sport of football in general, but I respect his decision and wish him the best. 

2 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Sorry if this has already been posted (this thread is way too long already), but:

1. Has there been another retirement of a player in his prime as significant as this? Perhaps Barry Sanders? Or Michael Jordan in the NBA?

Patrick Willis was in his 20’s and arguably the best MLB in the game when he unexpectedly hung it up 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’m surprised, but not really.  The guy has been dinged up almost every year and is turning 30.  He’s got plenty of money.  

While I get loving football and it being all you know, there’s also waking up in pain every day.  There’s wondering if you’ll be able to play with your kids without it killing you.  

It sucks for the Colts, yes.  But I get it.  

Besides, they will be terrible enough to get a top 5 pick and there are decent QB’s next year. 

Agree!!!

Everyone is shocked as if he couldn’t possibly not love football as much as they think he should.

He’s a smart, introspective, honest guy. He’s also rich beyond my wildest dreams of avarice. I’m pushing 50 and have a bad SI joint and it sucks. I can’t imagine the pain your average NFL player lives with post career.

Good for him.

Finally, Eff the Colts and their fans. They are an AFC rival and one less team for us to have to contend with for a playoff spot. Maybe Brady will follow suit?

2 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Jim Brown

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

I hate it. Honestly it made my head spin to read it because he’s so good, and so valuable, and now he’s gone. It’s a blow to the sport of football in general, but I respect his decision and wish him the best. 

Anyone who has felt extreme stress mentally, physically or both at work knows how he feels. Now imagine if money was no factor, you and your future generations were set for life. He’s doing what will make him happy instead of kill him with stress. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I agree. I’m all confused. He’s such a likable guy and such a unique arm talent I feel sorta cheated as a fan, but it’s a respectable move. He’s obviously been in a serious amount of physical and mental pain. To the point where the money and fame aren’t enough to take care of it.... which for me would have to be A LOT. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Jim Brown

Forgot about that one!

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Patrick Willis was in his 20’s and arguably the best MLB in the game when he unexpectedly hung it up 

Another one! I don't know if he was as significant as Luck, but he was good.