Jump to content
dubs

Lamar Miller Apparent Leg Injury - Carted Off the Field

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

At Leo’s and just caught this on the tube.

 

Two things:

 

How pointless is preseason?

 

Does this open up the RB market a bit?  Can we work a trade with the Texans for Clowney and McCoy in the mix?  Picks obviously need to also be included. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dubs said:

Two things:

 

how pointless is preseason

 

can we work a trade with the Texans for Clowney and McCoy in the mix. Picks obviously need to also be included. 

Remember Clowney on the 1 year deal

 

McCoy and Zay Jones straight up

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Remember Clowney on the 1 year deal

 

McCoy and Zay Jones straight up

... alright, you’ve convinced me

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

the time is now:

 

Shady + Zay for Clowney 

Sounds like you’re swapping cartoon characters.

  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

both teams win IMO

 

Im not sure what the exact terms are, but Houston def needs an RB even more if the LM injury is serious. And it certainly looked serious over a pizza and beer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lamar Miller is carted off the field, saving millions of fantasy football players from drafting him.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Remember Clowney on the 1 year deal

 

McCoy and Zay Jones straight up

Why would the Texans want that package of 💩?  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would the Texans want that package of 💩?  

 

I was going to ask the same thing.  I don't understand how people come up with these one sided super biased trade scenarios and think the other team would believe it's a good deal. Extreme silliness.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dubs said:

 

Im not sure what the exact terms are, but Houston def needs an RB even more if the LM injury is serious. And it certainly looked serious over a pizza and beer. 

 

I seemed to end up with him every year.  Just enough to give you hope and then mediocrity set in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dubs said:

At Leo’s and just caught this on the tube.

 

Two things:

 

How pointless is preseason?

 

Does this open up the RB market a bit?  Can we work a trade with the Texans for Clowney and McCoy in the mix?  Picks obviously need to also be included. 

You think a 30+ year old RB will land us a stud former #1 overall pass rusher? Maybe McCoy, our #1 pick and signing him to the richest deal for pass rushers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why would the Texans want that package of 💩?  

 

Because he's offering the Texans two players instead of one! Why not push all of your chips to the center of the table and make an offer they can't refuse? Throw in Tyree Jackson, Ray-Ray McCloud, Jason Croom, Russell Bodine, Sam Acho, Tyrel Dodson, Denzel Rice, any punter of their choice named Corey/Cory, and all of the locker room items formerly owned by Vlad Ducasse.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael Lombardi is saying that Clooney is going to get traded within the next 24-48 hours.  He is close to Billy Boy.  I wonder if he knows anything or if he is trying to get crap to stick on the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Michael Lombardi is saying that Clooney is going to get traded within the next 24-48 hours.  He is close to Billy Boy.  I wonder if he knows anything or if he is trying to get crap to stick on the wall.

He's just connecting the dots

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as I seen miller was injured I knew there would be some silly madden trade worked out on here. 

  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

As soon as I seen miller was injured I knew there would be some silly madden trade worked out on here. 

 

Haha. 

 

Look, I’m just saying Houston is phucked at RB even more than they already were. Given Clowney has one more year left on his deal his value is down. It’s not crazy to think McCoy and a 3rd could get it done if the Texans have no interest in signing Clowney to a long term deal. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spit balling here but with Lamar Miller breaking his leg today could McCoy be headed to the Texans in a trade for a pick or for Clowney. ? What do you guys think of a trade happening now that Miller is out for the season 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, dubs said:

 

Haha. 

 

Look, I’m just saying Houston is phucked at RB even more than they already were. Given Clowney has one more year left on his deal his value is down. It’s not crazy to think McCoy and a 3rd could get it done if the Texans have no interest in signing Clowney to a long term deal. 

I get it, me personally would rather keep shady and our 3rd. That’s neither here nor there though. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he could... but so could a couple dozen other running backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hate seeing so many quality players being lost in pre-season. Big loss but I don't think Shady is Houston's first impulse.

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

The AFC South is becoming more wide open by the minute.

No kidding. Who saw it coming?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...