Lamar Miller Apparent Leg Injury - Carted Off the Field

dubs

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Supposedly a torn ACL...

Well Duke Johnson wanted to be more involved...and now he seemingly will be their starter

I highly doubt Johnson will be the FT starter, I totally see a committee here, dude is only 5'9" 210 lbs. and has only been a 3rd down back his entire career so far, I don't think he can take that kind of punishment, maybe they pick Foreman back up? Just my opinion though.

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I guess something like shady, ty and a 2 miiiight be in the range for discussion 

shady has pretty limited trade value but maybe helping two needs and a high pick is enough to start chatter?

I want to keep Yeldon on our team. He can catch better than some of our receivers. 

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I highly doubt Johnson will be the FT starter, I totally see a committee here, dude is only 5'9" 210 lbs. and has only been a 3rd down back his entire career so far, I don't think he can take that kind of punishment, maybe they pick Foreman back up? Just my opinion though.

I don't know if he's a 3 down back or not (he thinks he is), but Emmitt Smith was 5'9" 215 lbs and seemed to hold up just fine at that size.

43 minutes ago, jabu said:

I don't know if he's a 3 down back or not (he thinks he is), but Emmitt Smith was 5'9" 215 lbs and seemed to hold up just fine at that size.

I mean if you want to compare Emmitt Smith to a guy who couldn't beat out Isiah Crowell just because I said he was 5'9" so be it. Smith was a workhorse at Florida, Johnson was a time share back at Miami the entire 3 years he was there.

6 hours ago, jabu said:

Tea but one might refer to him as an exception in his durability and physicality, not the norm

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Where did you read this? I'm just curious since I've seen nothing about what the compensation would be for him but can't imagine that after what they saw what Khalil Mack got as compensation that someone wouldn't offer Clowney something similar.

I was joking if you read the comment I was replying to.

My comment was to someone who posted a trade scenario for Clowny and stated likely would also involve including picks, didn't implicitly state it but meant from us to them.  So I jokingly implied that Houston was going to send us picks and stated a 1st or 2nd

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Because it isnt.....Shady is still Shady....Zay is still young but not workingout here

Keep in mind.....Clowney is on a 1 year....

John, take the homer glasses off for a minute. Shady is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off the worst season of his career.  He has very low trade value.  Zay is getting shipped because he’s a huge disappointment.  He is an average possession receiver who struggles to catch the ball.

i mean if the Texans were that stupid, I’d love it.  But there are much better deals than that one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

John, take the homer glasses off for a minute. Shady is on the wrong side of 30 and coming off the worst season of his career.  He has very low trade value.  Zay is getting shipped because he’s a huge disappointment.  He is an average possession receiver who struggles to catch the ball.

i mean if the Texans were that stupid, I’d love it.  But there are much better deals than that one.

Also: McCoy has just 1 year left on his contract as well, Jones has 2 but he sucks so who cares, and Clowney would come with a franchise tag option where we could conceivably snag a really good pick or picks in 2020 if we aren't able to reach a long-term deal.

Raiders released RB Doug Martin.

He was competing for a backup role behind rookie Josh Jacobs but lost out to DeAndre Washington. Martin was reasonably productive last year, supplying 839 yards from scrimmage (723 rushing, 116 receiving) with four touchdowns while filling in for injured workhorse Marshawn Lynch. Perhaps the Texans will pursue him as an option to replace Lamar Miller, who tore his ACL in Saturday's preseason game.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Aug 25, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gettir done BB!

Houston has aspirations of being really close. With Luck going out to pasture they have to be salivating even more. 

Edited by dubs