Lamar Miller Apparent Leg Injury - Carted Off the Field

dubs

16 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Just spit balling here but with Lamar Miller breaking his leg today could McCoy be headed to the Texans in a trade for a pick or for Clowney. ? What do you guys think of a trade happening now that Miller is out for the season 

I think it's a torn ACL, but same result, season ending.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I like how titles for threads on this board have become akin to the click bait articles you see on social media.

24 minutes ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Just spit balling here but with Lamar Miller breaking his leg today could McCoy be headed to the Texans in a trade for a pick or for Clowney. ? What do you guys think of a trade happening now that Miller is out for the season 

Change the title.  You’re better than this

They are both in the last year of their contract, why not?

Some are over valuing Clowney’s trade value. He can’t reach a new deal with any team that trades for him, they aren’t getting a 1st or 2nd for him...

I would offer Shady and a 4th... or they can just sit there and waste a season with 1 decent rb and a franchised DE who just holds out and won’t re-sign.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

3 hours ago, dubs said:

At Leo’s and just caught this on the tube.

Two things:

How pointless is preseason?

Does this open up the RB market a bit?  Can we work a trade with the Texans for Clowney and McCoy in the mix?  Picks obviously need to also be included. 

Do you think Houston will send us their first?  That bum Beane will probably agree to take their 2nd!

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You think a 30+ year old RB will land us a stud former #1 overall pass rusher? Maybe McCoy, our #1 pick and signing him to the richest deal for pass rushers.

A week ago was reading that Houston would likely be taking a 2nd day pick for Clowney and that was before this happened.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Yeldon and a third round pick (but is conditional to a 2nd rounder if bills make the playoffs). We clear some cap space for Clowneys new deal (agreed to by both parties before the trade). We have a need at DE since shaq is not going to be extended, and we go into season with McCoy, Gore, and Singletary. My thinking is,  you can draft  DE starter with your 2nd rounder next year and hope he works out  or you can trade you're 2nd rounder for a proven commodity. Then front load his contract, and you can still do monster deals in 2 years for Tre, Edmunds, and Hopefully Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Do you think Houston will send us their first?  That bum Beane will probably agree to take their 2nd!

A week ago was reading that Houston would likely be taking a 2nd day pick for Clowney and that was before this happened.

Where did you read this? I'm just curious since I've seen nothing about what the compensation would be for him but can't imagine that after what they saw what Khalil Mack got as compensation that someone wouldn't offer Clowney something similar.