• Cole Beasley
    • Zay Jones
    • Robert Foster
    • Isaiah McKenzie
    • Ray-Ray McCloud
    • Andre Roberts
    • Duke WIlliams
    • Cam Phillips
    • Some dude who won't make the 53 but this guy thinks he will (Explain please)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/2019 at 04:00 AM

I think they plan on keeping 7.  That is why they want Zay to play STs.

7 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

Well theres what WR's u think will be on the roster, and then theres what WR's u want on the roster.

Like if its who i'd like, & if we're keeping only 6, i say keep the 1st 5 on the list but swap out Andre Roberts for Duke Williams.

Roberts is our All-Pro return man.

52 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I said 7, but I'm now leaning towards thinking Zay will get traded.

I'll never hear the end of it from Alpha.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think the chances of them keeping seven are extremely slim.

Agreed...I think it will be 6 personally.  

Locks:  Brown, Cole, and Roberts.

That leaves 3 spots...and I think its going to be Duke, McKenzie and then one of Foster/Zay with the latter being traded (or maybe cut, but I think both would have trade value).  I think Foster has more upside and they stick with him.  

But right now, I have a feeling Duke snaked someones job and its either Foster or Zay that will be affected.  

And if you look at the poll results right now (57 voters) it would be:  Brown, Cole, Duke, Roberts, McKenzie and Foster with Zay on the outs.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

54 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Here's where the optimism of the Bills fans is boundless: So far, Duke has the same chance of making the roster as Brown, or Beasley.

Pretty funny for a guy who couldn't even make an NFL roster the past two seasons.  And Jones has about the worst chance of anyone.

I only picked 4, the 4 that I'm pretty sure will make it, Brown Beasley, Jones, and Roberts.  After that who knows.  Doubt they'd keep 7 as none are that great.  You only keep extra when someone is really good.  After the top 2 or 3, remaining ones all have questions, so not worth keeping extra here.

I think if they could trade Jones , maybe package him with Ray Ray and Yeldon for a backup tackle, I'd be fine with that too.

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think they plan on keeping 7.  That is why they want Zay to play STs.

Roberts is our All-Pro return man.

I'll never hear the end of it from Alpha.

thats what i keep hearing & he definitely was the best in the league last year & he's a lock to make the team.

But for fan board hypotheticals if it came down to him & Williams i'd pick the Duke because he gives our offense something that nobody else can. With the exception of last year, AR averages about 22 yards/return. How much would Isaiah get, 19, 20, 21? Of course its just preseason but Roberts returns havent been very memorable so far this preseason, unless i'm missing something special he did. McKenzie is a better fit for our offense imo & he's been doing the punt returns, so I'd put McKenzie in that KR role too & use the extra roster spot for something different, like a tall wr who can make the big catch in the red zone.

Now if we're keeping 7 wr's than that changes & i'd keep Roberts. But we're gonna have to make some difficult decisions come cut day. Is a few yards possible extra per return worth getting rid of another player who could make a bigger impact somewhere else? Thats the decision & its gonna be a tough one this year... which is a good thing :P

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Pretty funny for a guy who couldn't even make an NFL roster the past two seasons.  And Jones has about the worst chance of anyone.

I only picked 4, the 4 that I'm pretty sure will make it, Brown Beasley, Jones, and Roberts.  After that who knows.  Doubt they'd keep 7 as none are that great.  You only keep extra when someone is really good.  After the top 2 or 3, remaining ones all have questions, so not worth keeping extra here.

I think if they could trade Jones , maybe package him with Ray Ray and Yeldon for a backup tackle, I'd be fine with that too.

I've said in other threads that I think it is not unlikely that they only go with five WRs. I think Duke performances in the last two games might make six more likely. I've been high on him since they signed him in January. Really happy for him. If the Bills don't put him on the 53, I suspect he will get signed elsewhere, and we will regret it.

• Like (+1) 1