The LG position: Quinton Spain/Ike Boettger/ Wyatt Teller

YoloinOhio

Just now, Chemical said:

Got me there. You’re a genius!

if Brady gets injured I’m sure he won’t get any criticism. 

Here is something that will really make you think..

Smart coaches wouldn’t risk the health of their star players in meaningless games unless they thought is was absolutely necessary to prepare them for the real games..

31 minutes ago, Chemical said:

My theory about the ppl suddenly hating on the Spaniard is that they’re preemptively avoiding criticism of McDermott for losing another interior online starter 2weeks before we play the Jets. 

You should consider tinkering with your name.

Perhaps, Chemical Imbalance?

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

My theory about the ppl suddenly hating on the Spaniard is that they’re preemptively avoiding criticism of McDermott for losing another interior online starter 2weeks before we play the Jets. 

Im not hating on him, but the dude isn’t ready to play. 

5 hours ago, GG said:

My only guess is that they are testing Boettgers versatility. Teller came in last week and played pretty well so they know what he can do.

If Boettger showed well, that hurts Teller because Ike can also play center. Then again, Ryan Bates may make both of them expendable. If Bates plays guard next week, Teller and Boettger are in trouble. 

Edited by CSBill

3 minutes ago, CSBill said:

If Boettger showed well, that hurts Teller because Ike can also play center. Then again, Ryan Bates may make both of them expendable. If Bates plays guard next, Teller and Boettger are in trouble. 

To me that's a higher long term risk.  Bills OL was horrendous last year, and you can't blame Beane for bringing in an army to compete.  So in addition to the FAs, both Teller and Boettger look better.  Spain and Long are not on cap killing long term deals.  If both 2nd year players show good potential, you don't cut them.  

Everyone was so excited about the Oline all offseason, too bad they had to start to play games.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Spain could be the surprising cut here, or placed on IR and have an injury settlement.  Sounds like he's great in run blocking, but average at best in pass blocking. 

May be if they feel not a large drop off with either Ike or Teller, keep them and let them develop and improve.

He's been that way his whole career, Beane knew that when he signed him. Probably why it was such a minor contract. I think he's staying, if healthy.

17 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Me too I'm like this dude is a mental ninja. I just thought I'd delete it, you had some good replies going and it seemed redundant

Doesn’t everyone spend their Sat. Afternoons thinking about Wyatt Teller ?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I think they should hold a fan tryout for the LG position.  The average fan can't be worse than Quinton Spain, or anyone else on the roster.

I AM VERY MUCH still questioning this F.O.'s ability to judge F.A. O-line talent. Obviously, any improvement over last year would be a plus, but this now three years in.

5 minutes ago, Socal-805 said:

I AM VERY MUCH still questioning this F.O.'s ability to judge F.A. O-line talent. Obviously, any improvement over last year would be a plus, but this now three years in.

Which offensive lineman would you have brought in and drafted, this past off-season?

19 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think Felliciano will take that spot once Morse comes back healthy.  

That's a possibility. Has he played on the left side? We've primarily seen him on the right side.