Coffee crisis

BarleyNY

Counter Culture Coffee - Big Trouble.

This is worth trying out.  Trust me.  They have it at Wegmans if you live near one.

Also, Peet's - Major Dickason is very good and a bit cheaper.

Edited by Mark80

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, Sig1Hunter said:

No love for the kopi luwak? How could everyone forget the delicious coffee brewed from digested coffee beans picked out of exotic cat feces?

A guy who works for me just got back from Bali and brought some of this;  had it today for the first (and very likely last) time.  Despite the hype, it wasn't anything special.

On 8/24/2019 at 12:19 PM, BarleyNY said:

Apparently Green Mountain has acquired Caribou Coffee and now I can’t find my go to coffee - Caribou - in any of my usual places.  I usually got it from Amazon or Costco, but Wegmans and some other local places had it if I was in a pinch.  All gone now.  I use both whole bean and K cups.

I like it on the dark side and the dark chocolate notes of Caribou sealed the deal for me.  Looking for something along those lines that isn’t stupid expensive.  Any recommendations?  Also feel free to just talk about coffee. 

Not sure if you are in Buffalo or not but there is a place on route 5 in Lackawanna called premium coffee roasters, I’ve never been but I’ve heard good things about it. 

They have a ***** ton of coffee so I hear. 

53 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

A guy who works for me just got back from Bali and brought some of this;  had it today for the first (and very likely last) time.  Despite the hype, it wasn't anything special.

So, you are telling me it tasted like poo? That’s weird...my dog seems to really enjoy those delicacies. He is, typically, a fine judge of character...less so on flavor.

11 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Not sure if you are in Buffalo or not but there is a place on route 5 in Lackawanna called premium coffee roasters, I’ve never been but I’ve heard good things about it. 

They have a ***** ton of coffee so I hear. 

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

FWIW, I’ve settled on Trader Joe’s Columbia Supremo (the one with two toucans on the front) and the organic Peruvian from Aldi.  Both are at a very reasonable price point.  Thanks for the help, everyone. 

Edit to add:  Checked and it looks like I can get Caribou medium roast beans from Amazon again.  Costco has K-cups too so bean’s might be on the way there too.  I guess I have a 3 coffee rotation now. 

Edited by BarleyNY

Odd about Caribou - Giant/Weis here in PA have ample supplies of it.  

I enjoy sampling the pod coffees so if I see something new, I'll pick it up to try it out but I'm also a big fan of the Caribou line of pods.  

13 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, you are telling me it tasted like poo? That’s weird...my dog seems to really enjoy those delicacies. He is, typically, a fine judge of character...less so on flavor.

I read an article about it that theorized it got its reputation because in the old days, the cats only ate the ripe ones off the bush, vs the lazy guy who didn't care what he was picking and therefore the cat-poo coffee was of higher quality.  Now-a-days they do a much better job growing coffee, so my usual Peets is a lot better than cat-poo-in-a-cup.

• Awesome! (+1) 1