Should we Trade Zay Jones?

wppete

On 8/24/2019 at 11:58 AM, SCBills said:

If they think Duke Williams play translates to Regular Season Football, yes - or just cut him. 

It just seems like Zay is never on the same page with JA and maybe he just needs a fresh start.   

If Roberts is a lock.. Foster backs up Brown as the speed guy.  McKenzie backs up Beasley as the shifty guy and then Duke is the big, physical WR.  

Duke is the one guy right now that can win the 50/50 balls. He has some strong hands and looks pretty good. I hope he can do it in regular season- I just dont see him getting cut or Zay either.

On 8/24/2019 at 4:41 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, but moving on from Watkins happened for two reasons, neither of which is true now with Zay.

They were in major salary cap trouble and figured - correctly - that re-signing Watkins was going to cost huge money. Zay won't cost all that much unless he has a tremendous year this year. And the team isn't in the salary cap weeds anymore anyway.

And Watkins brought in a 2nd round pick, which Zay wouldn't. And at the time we were desperate for trade capital to draft a franchise QB. At this point we've got Allen.

The main reasons we traded Watkins aren't there anymore if we trade Zay.

Not that we won't, but trading Watkins had two huge upsides that aren't there with trading Zay.

Yes, but the upside I’m looking at is Duke and McKenzie making the team.

Our receivers aren’t going to be great. We do need them to be sure handed and on the same page with the QB. ZJ got us 600+ yards last year which isn’t nothing but I’m folding not holding on him. 

On 8/24/2019 at 3:53 PM, buffalo2218 said:

Well, as I stated before, I won't lose any sleep if they move Jones. I wouldn't mind if they kept Williams but he hasn't had much time with the 1s. One thing's for sure tho, him and Barkley have a pretty good chemistry. So if Allen goes down, it's quite possible the passing game gets better with the Barkley Williams duo

I think Duke would do just fine provided Wonder Boy can deliver accurate passes to him as Barkley has done.

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2019 at 12:28 PM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He was tied for 16th in the league with 7 Tds, even with our pathetic line, running game, QBing and nothing even close to a #1 WR to draw coverage away from him.

So how is that analytical approach using stats doing now?

Like a famous sports broadcaster says, BELIEVE WHAT YOUR EYES TELL YOU. You can't drop the ball and be unreliable and expect to be on a winning football team for long.