Should we Trade Zay Jones?

wppete

Well, as I stated before, I won't lose any sleep if they move Jones. I wouldn't mind if they kept Williams but he hasn't had much time with the 1s. One thing's for sure tho, him and Barkley have a pretty good chemistry. So if Allen goes down, it's quite possible the passing game gets better with the Barkley Williams duo

I do not see a lot of difference from Jones>Foster>Roberts> et al.  So trade him if you can keep a guy you would normally cut.

The question is what would you get?  A draft pick?  A player another team is going to cut?

I would look for the best punter and make the trade.  5 minutes later, cut the Corey brothers.

7 hours ago, wppete said:

Zay Jones has not looked good as a Buffalo Bill. He hasn’t been impressive this offseason and we will have some tough decisions to make at WR this year. Do you guys think it’s a good idea to trade Zay and make room for the guys that are showing well in preseason?  This could be our WR this year If we trade Zay.

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Robert Foster

Duke Williams

Isaiah Mckenzie

Andre Roberts

This is our 6 best wrs. Zay just hasn't stepped it up. I see him and Ray Ray being cut. And no he has very little trade value, maybe a 6th?  And don't forget if we keep Yeldon he's like a 7th receiver. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

My point was You stated "Evaluate who guys are now" So I am and Williams is a guy who couldn't even get signed by an NFL team the past two seasons, which does translate to who he still may be.  And if you want to take it to the nth degree of who they are at this moment in time Williams is a guy who has caught two TD passes in the past two weeks likely against many other both teammates and opponents who won't even be on an NFL roster a week from now but sounds like your argument is none of that matters, sign everyone based on what they've done the past three weeks

And as to your why not question the answer is none of them could do it last season, but Zay could.  The others all had a chance to, but failed.

And if you want to use this argument that nothing in the past matters only what has happened over the past two weeks, then guess John Brown doesn't even make the roster as he only has 3 catches this year and definitely not Foster as he only has one catch and the leading TE is Keith Towbridge so guess he's on the team too then if all you want to go by is what they did now.  And BTW Zay's total yardage and yards per catch is better than Duke's too.

PS Look at what N Peterman has done this pre season.  He's lighting it up, guess you'd be happy trading him for Allan because that's all that matters to you.

Could it all change and Williams becomes the next Jerry Rice, sure but not likely based on past performance.

good post back my friend

14 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No one will even trade a practice squad guy for him if this gets out.

29, I swear I had to sit down and think about this to have it be sufficiently unpleasant.

Ranch?  That’s the second choice for most.

Ceasar...yeah, it could work.

parmesan peppercorn...hell, I might try it.

Russian?  No...just no.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

29, I swear I had to sit down and think about this to have it be sufficiently unpleasant.

Ranch?  That’s the second choice for most.

Ceasar...yeah, it could work.

parmesan peppercorn...hell, I might try it.

Russian?  No...just no.

Hollandiase sauce might be worth considering as offensive and vile as well

• Haha (+1) 1

I would want to give Zay one more year  652 yards in 2018 , but the missed targets are a concern , but with Allen as a rookie.

Zay Jones said he is "bigger and stronger" entering his third season.

"I have been focusing on how I can maximize my frame and my body to be the best I can this year," Jones said. "I think it’ll help in many aspects. My blocking, my play strength, endurance, stamina, prevention of injury." 

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/942/zay-jones

Edited by ALF

23 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'd try and trade Zay for a backup tackle or picks.  If as some suggest Zay has little trade value, (personally I disagree) then would keep him and consider releasing Foster to make room for McKenzie and Williams

Zay was one the same page as JA something like 54 times last year.

I also think many here are over valuing these WR at the bottom of the depth chart.  They all bring unique attributes to the team, but are also similar in overall abilities.  Are they really better than one of the top 5 or is it just "We can't lose this guy"

And he was targeted 102 times:. which is a very poor 54.9 %, and 2.6 YAC which again puts him at the bottom of the league.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/24/2019 at 11:53 AM, wppete said:

Zay Jones has not looked good as a Buffalo Bill. He hasn’t been impressive this offseason and we will have some tough decisions to make at WR this year. Do you guys think it’s a good idea to trade Zay and make room for the guys that are showing well in preseason?  This could be our WR this year If we trade Zay.

John Brown

Cole Beasley

Robert Foster

Duke Williams

Isaiah Mckenzie

Andre Roberts

If he hasn't looked good why would anyone trade for him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

No other WRs really had an impact either in the whole first half. Zay was out there with the first team all preseason

We only threw 6 times...but Zay blew an easy first down catch in the first quarter of that game that killed a drive.  

Zay was with the first team offense all preseason...and dropped a TD pass, blew a first down catch, and didn't do anything in game 2 where other WRs did show up.  He had a nice grab in the 2nd half this weekend against reserves, but he didn't do himself any good with the 1's.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We only threw 6 times...but Zay blew an easy first down catch in the first quarter of that game that killed a drive.  

Zay was with the first team offense all preseason...and dropped a TD pass, blew a first down catch, and didn't do anything in game 2 where other WRs did show up.  He had a nice grab in the 2nd half this weekend against reserves, but he didn't do himself any good with the 1's.  

He also led the team in Rec yards and TD last year.  He's capable of playing any wr position . Meanwhile Duke Williams has only went against reserves. 

I like what I've seen from Duke but Zay is a lock to make roster , see significant playing time. Unless he's packaged for Clowney. Zay is more valuable than we think.  He just needs to be more consistent. Hopefully he keeps progressing