Robert Kraft is not really sending you money

HOUSE

Image result for robert kraft

Fake checks signed Robert K. Kraft are being sent to some people in Hendry County.

Thursday, August 22nd 2019, 8:25 PM EDT by Emma Green & Joseph Ojo
Updated:
Friday, August 23rd 2019, 6:05 PM EDT

HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. - Robert Kraft is not going to send you money, but some people in Hendry County are falling for a fake check scam with his named signed on it.

If you receive a check from One Patriot Place in Foxborough, Massachusetts, for $4,550, chances are you're being swindled. 

These fraudulent checks are being mailed via FedEx to people in Hendry County. Once they are deposited, some victims have reported their bank accounts being closed.

The Hendry County Sheriff's Office is investigating the scam and warning you not to get your hopes up that Robert Kraft has chosen to give you free money.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40953696/robert-kraft-isnt-really-sending-you-money-in-the-mail

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

What if I take it to a check cashing place rather than deposit it in my account....

That is certainly the better action to take, isolates your own accounts from the fraudulent transaction.  Not that i’m Recommending said action...