Mayfield looked terrible last night...

Big Turk

10 of 26 for 72 yards in a 13-12 loss to TB...

While i know he has looked better than Allen, let's not forget that QBs have bad games...

Allen didn't play great last night but he played better than Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

You won’t find anyone talking about Baker poor game overall but I can guarantee you that everyone will talk about about Allen one bad pass/decision in the national media. Book it

Im really starting to think its really personal with Allen

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

You won’t find anyone talking about Baker poor game overall but I can guarantee you that everyone will talk about about Allen one bad pass/decision in the national media. Book it

Nah, it was a spectacularly stupid throw. The kind he was supposed to not do this year. That's all it is.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Allen had about 3 bad passes. He looked pretty bad in his few attempts but I don't take much from it. 

I'm not sure why they went away from the pass heavy play calling to the run run pass play calling. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

34 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

It is.  A decent percentage of them won't ever forgive him for his teenage tweets.  They'll never admit it, of course, but I am pretty confident that's the issue.

Edited by BobChalmers
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Its pride.  Many writers ripped Allen and don’t want to look foolish.  So they exaggerate his bad games and not enough credit when he plays well.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He did, and lots of people are talking about it (at least locally), and a lot of national people really don’t like Mayfield (he cannot thank himself for that) - but he looked bad plenty of times last year too, especially against decent teams, despite all of the offseason hype that has surrounded him. He’s still a second year QB but he’s 24, and has played a lot of football, and needs to be much better. That was not a good defense he was playing, and he had a ton of time. He was simply inaccurate.

Edited by YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

It is.  A decent percentage of them won't ever forgive him for his teenage tweets.  They'll never admit it, of course, but I am pretty confident that's the issue.

What the? I can tell you I’m of the ‘percentage’ that just thinks that was a REALLY dumb throw. This isn’t high school Josh. This is the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What the? I can tell you I’m of the ‘percentage’ that just thinks that was a REALLY dumb throw. This isn’t high school Josh. This is the NFL.

Sorry - are you a national sports writer/TV talking head?  There are a ton of them who won't show/mention anything he does right.

I wasn't replying to a comment about that one throw - which was bad.  Edited: I put the rest of what I was responding to for context.  Hopefully that helps.

Edited by BobChalmers

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Sorry - are you a national sports writer/TV talking head?  There are a ton of them who won't show/mention anything he does right.

No Bob...just a football fan. Sorry that I’m unaware of the junior high drama you seem to wanna focus on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No Bob...just a football fan. Sorry that I’m unaware of the junior high drama you seem to wanna focus on. 

Again - responding to someone else's point about Allen getting a lot of unfair coverage overall.  Which, BTW was ALSO the OP's point.  Focusing on one (certainly) bad pass is a bit off topic.

Edited by BobChalmers

44 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I hope the Browns don't beat us out for the number one pick, we'll both need a QB again next draft.

Can’t we just send Sahlens hot dogs and Webers mustard to Miami in trade for the Other Josh?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

Just now, BobChalmers said:

Again - responding to someone else's point about Allen getting a lot of unfair coverage overall.

OK, but you have to admit that play was the ONE thing we didn’t want to see from Josh. In the heat of the game he needs to get that sort of stuff under control. If he can’t it’ll be his downfall. He’s so desperate to make plays that he lets his athleticism get the best of him. I’m guessing he’s always been the biggest, fastest kid on the playground. That’s not gonna get it done in the NFL. Think Josh....think!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OK, but you have to admit that play was the ONE thing we didn’t want to see from Josh. In the heat of the game he needs to get that sort of stuff under control. If he can’t it’ll be his downfall. He’s so desperate to make plays that he lets his athleticism get the best of him. I’m guessing he’s always been the biggest, fastest kid on the playground. That’s not gonna get it done in the NFL. Think Josh....think!

True - but I'm less worried when it's a smart kid in a meaningless preseason game immediately admitting he screwed up.  There's every reason to believe he'll work it out over time.  Worst case, he becomes Brett Favre?  ?

Speaking of his media coverage and JA being a smart kid - has anyone EVER heard a media figure point out he had the top Wonderlic score (tied with a few others) at the combine?  Dramatically better than all the other drafted QBs including the "genius" Josh Rosen.  I had no idea until I looked them up.  Not saying Wonderlic is all-important, but it seems a bit odd it's never mentioned.

https://wonderlictestsample.com/2018-nfl-draft-class-wonderlic-test-scores/

Edited by BobChalmers