The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

3 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I was thinking the same thing about Roberts that maybe McKenzie is good enough for that role 

Every time McKenzie is back there for a return I'm worried he'll fumble it. Roberts is way more reliable. He's a lock to make the team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I agree.  that is the problem.   Brown, Beasley, Jones, Roberts will be dressing up.  I just don't see Williams suiting up.  But then when we do have injuries to WRs he could step in

They will dress more than 4 WRs on game day and especially since one primarily returns kicks.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

The only trolls are people that think they can take ANYTHING away from preseason.

lets use some sense here..... if a guy has hands he just has hands... preseason has little to do with that. come on man. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly think Foster is in trouble. He has hardly played on offense through three games and yet was out there on Special Teams. 

I think they want to keep foster around because he is a gamer & that is why they are using him on ST's to give them more of a reason to keep him around due to his versatility, his speed is not only a weapon on offense but on teams too !! 

Cuts this year will be extremely hard because there is a lot of talent on this team worthy of developing !!

Edited by T master

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why do people keep saying they will keep someone else “better suited for Dabolls offense”?  

I mean, if anyone was paying attention, Daboll called plays in back to back weeks specifically in the end zone and specifically for Duke and not only did he make the TD catch both times, there isn’t anyone else on the team who would be a better option to throw it to over Duke.  Sure seems to fit Dabolls offense just fine, and would appear Daboll would agree.

Another example...Zay in the first quarter should have had that first down catch who barely even looked for the ball on the back shoulder throw.  Duke catches that ball easily IMO.  These are all plays in dabolls system where a guy like Duke is an asset.

Bottom line:  All coaches systems have slants, curls, and fade routes...and all coaches systems need guys who can use their body to be in position and actually catch the ball.

Duke fits his system just fine.  I don’t know he will make the team or not, it’s a tight race with limited spots and several worthy players...but he’s certainly made a case for himself and would fit just fine if they chose him.

screw the system in general for this case.... Allen needs at least one wr that can go get the "area code" catch for him. HANDS are good in any system.... big ben and AB made a career and won a ton of games off adlibbing and making the area code grab. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills wanted Boldin. It didn't work out. The Bills signed Benjamin. It didn't work out. The Bills looked north of the border to sign  Duke. I don't know if he makes the team or not but it looks to me like someone in the organization feels the need for a big physical receiver (maybe Beano).

• Thank you (+1) 2

I started to come around to the idea we might cut Zay after that first play to start the game but there are too many iffy guys on the bubble. Foster has four total targets in three games (all came in the same game, one catch). Duke over Foster seems reasonable to me. Do we like him over someone like Wade?

I also think we have to consider Dawson Knox when debating how many receivers we'll keep. Surely McD/Dabol has plans to eventually split that kid out wide.  

Edited by VW82

From the team's QB (courtesy of The Athletic)

“I love the kid,” Josh Allen said. “He’s one of the guys that you gravitate towards, just his mindset. He had the opportunity to speak in front of us as a team, and he’s just one of those guys that you absolutely pull for. You want one of those guys on your team. He’s gone out the last couple games and made some really big plays for us. It speaks volumes on his character and why he does that. It’s no surprise to me

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think we need to move on from Zay and I think he equally needs to move on from us. He can be a good player but I think a change of scene is desperately needed for him. I wonder if there is a WR desperate team that would be willing to trade a mid rounder for him. I think we keep: Beasley, Brown, Duke, Foster, Roberts and McKenzie. McCloud to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 2

3 games, 6 catches for 53 yards, what am I missing? Maybe a good redzone target, but outside of the redzone he's not getting open against 3rd & 4th string players. Take last night for example, he had a great 16 yard TD catch over a much smaller defender, his other 2 catches netted -1 yards. He's had 2 good catches in 3 games and people are blown away by that performance, I don't get it.

13 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

I think we need to move on from Zay and I think he equally needs to move on from us. He can be a good player but I think a change of scene is desperately needed for him. I wonder if there is a WR desperate team that would be willing to trade a mid rounder for him. I think we keep: Beasley, Brown, Duke, Foster, Roberts and McKenzie. McCloud to the practice squad.

With a really bad cast of QBs Zay was 16th in the league for TD receptions. With a cap hit of 1.8 million this year and 2.15 million next year why would you get rid of a player producing as much as he has with really bad QBing and counting that little towards the cap. Keep Zay at least until the end of his rookie contract(Thruogh 2020).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 receivers make the team.  Williams will make the roster, but another receiver will not be sacrificed to do so (Foster and McKenzie make it too).  It will come from another position.  

Example: I see them only keeping 3 running backs.   McCoy, Gore, & Singletary.     Wade to PS.   All others will be cut.   Dimarco is a wild card too and i didn't count him in the RB category.   

Edited by Bills Oil Company
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bills Oil Company said:

7 receivers make the team.  Williams will make the roster, but another receiver will not be sacrificed to do so (Foster and McKenzie make it too).  It will come from another position.  

Example: I see them only keeping 3 running backs. 

Agree it will be competition from other positions I think they keep 4 rbs. Yeldon has looked good the last 2 games. 

Edited by qwksilver

I think he is a lock to make this team. He has played well and deserves to be on this team. Red Zone threat and active willing blocker in the run game. We don’t have any other receiver in this roster with that skill set. Plus he is a hungry player with a chip on his shoulder ready to prove he belongs. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

3 games, 6 catches for 53 yards, what am I missing? Maybe a good redzone target, but outside of the redzone he's not getting open against 3rd & 4th string players. Take last night for example, he had a great 16 yard TD catch over a much smaller defender, his other 2 catches netted -1 yards. He's had 2 good catches in 3 games and people are blown away by that performance, I don't get it.

How do you know he hasn’t been getting open?  Game 2 was all about the short passing game, and he had a TD.  Game 3 was all about the running game, and he had a TD.  

Guys like Alshon Jeffery don’t typically leave their man in the dust, they’re just open even when they’re not.