The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

Yeah, if Foster was cut from the team twice and still made it back to us I think there is a reasonable chance we can stash Duke too. Just a bit of a surprise because he was the only "big" receiver, made some great contested grabs AND blocked well.

Too bad.  I wanted it to work out for the Bills advantage.   But McBeane know what they want and how they want to build.  

I expect Duke will be appreciative of the time the Bills spent and the opportunity they gave him.  I'm guessing that we will see Duke on someone's 53.  

12 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

The obsession with marginal talent here is cute.

You have no idea what talent he is. He’s the only wide receiver who can block with any result and efficiency, he had much better hands than Zay. The only thing you can say that the type of advantage he brings may be too close to what our tight ends provide. I would give him a chance before I gave another to Zay. More than likely,,we draft Zays replacement next year...

Edited by Meatloaf63

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Wow so we cut Duke..WTF

Cole

Brown

Zay

Roberts

McKenzie 

Foster

its is then

Don't think Duke will clear waivers. I hope Im wrong.

Most teams have 1-2 WRs getting cut today that fans are really into. You just know ours.

10 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

There are something like 1,100 NFL players cut today.  I too think we tend to over value some of our own talent without necessarily knowing all of the talent being released elsewhere.

‘Zactly

almost every year we have 1 if not 2 WRs that get this thread. Yet it hasn’t registered that if we have it every year, probably most teams have similar.

• Like (+1) 1

Lets see they cut Williams, the number one receiver in the pass happy CFL and kept the mediocre Zay Jones who has already had one complete mental breakdown? Why? Does Zay love the lord more than Duke? Because that's apparently a very important quality to Beane? That and if you played for the Carolina Panthers. A completely asinine move by the Bills.

21 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

No doubt. Ray Ray is a little built up in Buffalo, I think both by fans and players. You can’t not love the guy. But from a tape perspective, he’s had some mistakes that really call his consistency into question. 

Some mistakes, he drops as many balls as Zay.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This makes no sense to me. He was a huge redzone threat and honestly dont know what more he could have done. I don't think Ray Ray is an upgrade over him.

This stings more than the Shady release 

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Lets see they cut Williams, the number one receiver in the pass happy CFL and kept the mediocre Zay Jones who has already had one complete mental breakdown? Why? Does Zay love the lord more than Duke? Because that's apparently a very important quality to Beane? That and if you played for the Carolina Panthers. A completely asinine move by the Bills.

I'm starting to doubt the talent evaluation part of our organization. Duke is not making it thru waivers but Ray Ray would've. 

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I trust Beane, but I don't agree with this decision.

I hope we get him on the PS.

I mentioned this earlier, but it really came down to keeping 6 WR on the 53. They liked both McKenzie and Williams and the only way to have both available was to have Williams clear waivers and put him on PS. 

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Most teams have 1-2 WRs getting cut today that fans are really into. You just know ours.

‘Zactly

almost every year we have 1 if not 2 WRs that get this thread. Yet it hasn’t registered that if we have it every year, probably most teams have similar.

The player already knowing the system, coaches already knowing the player and practice squad eligibility are always factors. Ive seen lesser players not clear waivers

1 minute ago, Ta111 said:

I mentioned this earlier, but it really came down to keeping 6 WR on the 53. They liked both McKenzie and Williams and the only way to have both available was to have Williams clear waivers and put him on PS. 

I have never really understood the obsession with keeping certain players strictly because of special teams. It makes no sense to cut a guy that has a skill set at WR that no one else has on the roster which he has shown in the preseason and can possibly make a difference on offense to keep a guy that's only on the field on kickoff and punt returns. Am I missing something?

13 minutes ago, StHustle said:

The player already knowing the system, coaches already knowing the player and practice squad eligibility are always factors. Ive seen lesser players not clear waivers

And all those teams have guys that know their system too.

he might go but even if he does there are a lot of good options to bring back 

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

I have never really understood the obsession with keeping certain players strictly because of special teams. It makes no sense to cut a guy that has a skill set at WR that no one else has on the roster which he has shown in the preseason and can possibly make a difference on offense to keep a guy that's only on the field on kickoff and punt returns. Am I missing something?

I do think they plan to use McKenzie as a gadget type player on offense. I do agree Williams gives them something no other WR does but it all comes down to somewhat of a guessing game. If they think he will clear waivers, it works out.

3 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

I do think they plan to use McKenzie as a gadget type player on offense. I do agree Williams gives them something no other WR does but it all comes down to somewhat of a guessing game. If they think he will clear waivers, it works out.

I don't know if he will but if he does, some other team can just easily pluck him off the practice squad. I don't like this cut at all

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I still think McKenzie and Roberts are interchangeable 

I agree. And at their respective ages, I think McKenzie is likely to offer more. Just in general: a bit too heavy on the smurfs - Roberts, McKenzie, Brown, Beasley - so that’s why lots of fans saw Duke as filling a key role. 

• Like (+1) 1