The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

Seeing Duke blocking and making the catches guys like KB, Holmes, and Zay routinely have dropped last 2 years makes him a must keep IMO.

I can think of multiple games we win had Duke been on the other end of the pass instead of one of them.  

Reliable hands, high pointing, contested catches, and blocking.  It’s a need on this team.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Seeing Duke blocking and making the catches guys like KB, Holmes, and Zay routinely have dropped last 2 years makes him a must keep IMO.

I can think of multiple games we win had Duke been on the other end of the pass instead of one of them.  

Reliable hands, high pointing, contested catches, and blocking.  It’s a need on this team.  

*hard eye roll*

The one thing I'd like to see -- which unfortunately we won't GET to see before cutdown day -- is Williams making plays with Josh Allen under center. To the best of my recollection, the only chemistry and success Duke has shown so far is with Matt Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

How do you know he was invisible?

I have eyes.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Do you believe the coaching staff gave him the most WR reps in the 3rd preseason game based solely on 3 catches in the 2nd game?

Seems pretty far-fetched.

Is that what I said? And why are we clinging to preseason rep counts? Guys get more or less work in the preseason for a plethora of reasons. Your guess is as good as mine.

I am thinking it is going to come down to Foster or Williams for a roster spot. I think they are putting Foster out on special teams to see if he gives them anything there. If so he becomes more valuable than Williams. Maybe Zay gets traded opening a spot. I think only 6 WRs will be kept once the final roster cuts are made.

Edited by billieve420

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sorry Bang, I normally agree with alot of your takes but not here. Who do you want to keep instead of Duke? And please don't say Ray Ray.....

I don’t have a problem with keeping Duke. Like  I said, he’s a fringe roster guy and is battling it out for one of the final spots.

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

And how much did you focus on what Duke Williams was doing and how much the coaches were interacting with him?

I didn’t keep a journal for each practice but I was mostly focused on the offense since that was obviously our weak spot last year and we added a lot of new players.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I didn’t keep a journal for each practice but I was mostly focused on the offense since that was obviously our weak spot last year and we added a lot of new players.

Who stood out to you the most as far as what you were able to view?

On 8/24/2019 at 12:27 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

...and I just don't think he clears wavers.

2 TDs and 6 catches in the last couple games.

Both TDs of him high pointing the ball.

And anyone notice he was getting some pretty significant #1 reps tonight?

I think after Brown and Beasley there's a lot of wiggle room. Zay simply shouldn't be guaranteed the roster spot that I think he is. Neither should Roberts for that matter... McKenzie has played himself onto the roster and can return. I still think Foster is close to a lock and the coaching staff is playing long game mind games with him.

So almost guaranteed we keep 6 WRs on the active roster.

Add a 7th to keep D'haquille???

Duke blocking grade was higher than our lineman.

And that catch vs. Lions where he picked the ball out of the air and then walked into the endzone clutching it above his head.  His body control and strength of hands are incredible.  I can see him be our redzone go to guy.

The Bills are clueless if they let this guy go.  As much as I like McKenzie, I don't see cutting Williams for him.

Honestly, Bills need to make a trade.  It doesn't make sense to cut talent.

Edited by dezertbill
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Of the WRs? John Brown for sure. Of the rookies? Singletary.

Yeah Brown was definitely making some noise as far as what I had been able to read about it, Singletary too. Unfortunately I've never been able to make it to view a TC session. Always interesting in hearing what people actually see and not just read the tweets and whatnot.

As far as Duke goes though IMO I hope he makes the team, nice to see WR's catching the ball more often like their suppose to.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

No problem if they decide to keep Duke, but to claim they “need to” keep him is nuts. 

There will be numerous wideouts more accomplished than Duke, with the same size and skillset, cut in a few days by other teams. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

No problem if they decide to keep Duke, but to claim they “need to” keep him is nuts. 

There will be numerous wideouts more accomplished than Duke, with the same size and skillset, cut in a few days by other teams. 

This is true. However I hope and would rather they keep him instead  since he would be more familiar with the system than another WR with the same skill set that is cut from another team.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

This is true. However I hope and would rather they keep him instead  since he would be more familiar with the system than another WR with the same skill set that is cut from another team.

Hell yeah and that’s probably the best reason to keep him. Like I said I wouldn’t be mad at all if they kept him. Guy’s made a few impressive plays and it isn’t like he’d be taking the spot of some superstar wideout. 

• Like (+1) 1