JOSH ALLEN post game thread

rayray808

35 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Not sure you want to die on that hill...

That INT that was posted was Favre in his 48th season.

Must have been Alzheimer's

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

yeah preseason games always tend to discourage me. I base all four ( three really) preseason games on how the season is going to unfold. throwing merely 6 passes on what was expected to be a run heavy night leaves me very worried. I don't even need to watch the fourth preseason game as starters may only  play a series so I can go ahead now and use last nights game as an indication of how the season will go forward and since I'm so discouraged I now feel they may win 4, maybe 5 games? man, these preseason games have just taken all the excitement I had in looking forward to the 2019 season. so discouraging.

Sarcasm? (I hope)

The fixation by some posters on Allen's bad across the body throw would be wrong headed if this was the regular season and the INT hadn't been cancelled by a penalty.  That it's happening after a meaningless preseason game is bizzare to me.  As others have noted Allen channel's Favre in this respect.  Hopefully he'll be as good as Favre but that remains to be seen.  But every once in a while he's going to do this kind of thing.  And over the course of a season he may get picked once or twice throwing that ball but I suspect you'll also see a couple of huge gains off this type of throw.

Last night the only truly awful decision/throw Allen had was the INT. 

*  His first pass was on the money to Jones.  His 2nd pass wasn't a good throw but it was the right decision to target Beasley and it wasn't a horrible throw.

*  His 3rd pass was a dime to Beasley that unfortunately he fumbled. 

*  His 5th throw to Brown was on target and a good decision that was broken up by an excellent pass defense play.

*  His last 2 throws to Brown, after he was allowed to throw on 1st down and out of the shotgun, were both excellent and went for long gains and 1st downs.  Allen also had a nice run for a 1st down as he led the Bills on a 95 yard TD drive to take the lead at the end of the half.

All in all a pedestrian performance with a flash of brilliance in that last drive.  That 2 minute drive is what Bills fans should focus on and be encouraged by.  Instead some choose to focus only on the bad INT.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they wont miss you and I'm sure nobody here will miss you either.

And what is your point in posting this?  Do you actually think I think anybody would miss me?  Do you actually think I need to know that nobody will miss me?  Do you think I care whether somebody will miss me?  I didn't write that for any kind of confirmation from anybody on this board or from the Bills.  That was just me letting out a little anger because I want to watch the team and root for them but when they play that type of game it makes me too angry and therefore I just have to stop watching them so I don't get so frustrated watching a team that continues to do the same thing, hoping to get a different result.  So I will stop watching them for my sake, not to try and force them to do what I want.  The statement was to release anger and not to provoke any kind of response from you or the Bills.

2 minutes ago, wiley16350 said:

And what is your point in posting this?  Do you actually think I think anybody would miss me?  Do you actually think I need to know that nobody will miss me?  Do you think I care whether somebody will miss me?  I didn't write that for any kind of confirmation from anybody on this board or from the Bills.  That was just me letting out a little anger because I want to watch the team and root for them but when they play that type of game it makes me too angry and therefore I just have to stop watching them so I don't get so frustrated watching a team that continues to do the same thing, hoping to get a different result.  So I will stop watching them for my sake, not to try and force them to do what I want.  The statement was to release anger and not to provoke any kind of response from you or the Bills.

you wrote it, I replied. I guess you just feel the need to let the board know, how you feel. poor fella

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

yeah preseason games always tend to discourage me. I base all four ( three really) preseason games on how the season is going to unfold. throwing merely 6 passes on what was expected to be a run heavy night leaves me very worried. I don't even need to watch the fourth preseason game as starters may only  play a series so I can go ahead now and use last nights game as an indication of how the season will go forward and since I'm so discouraged I now feel they may win 4, maybe 5 games? man, these preseason games have just taken all the excitement I had in looking forward to the 2019 season. so discouraging.

The room is dimly lit, DaBills sits staring into the darkness, a half-smoked camel in the ashtray on the table in front of him.  In his left hand he holds a glass of cheap whiskey, the ice melted like a young boys dream of Super Bowl success for his favorite football team. He always holds the glass in his left hand when troubled.

"I...don't know if I can do it again" he says to no one in particular.  "Since 1973 I've been watching these preseason games, hoping against hope to see...something....anything. It all seems too much."

The door behind him bursts open, sunlight bathing the room, and a giant of a man walks through.  Startled, DaBills7three looks up and asks "Be you an angel?".  "No. I'm just a guy from a message board son, and I'm here to tell you to put down the glass, throw out the camels, and sack the %#*^ up. We've had it way worse than this since 1973, and those smokes'll kill you."

or--go to You Tube and search for  things like Rothlesberger Bad Picks like I did.  It'll dull the pain. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

absolutely. you have to be around this joint. some of the posts I've read here this morning after last nights PRESEASON game are hilarious and ignorant all at the same time.

I thought so. I've been around long enough, and "know" you well enough, but that was a very well disguised sarcasm post...well done!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you wrote it, I replied. I guess you just feel the need to let the board know, how you feel. poor fella

I don't know who is sadder, me because I exposed a feeling I had during a rant or the person that felt the need to address a throw away line of no consequence that wasn't really the point of the rant.  poor fella to be so petty, or maybe just an ugly troll.  Yeah, I think I'm o.k.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The new beard needs some work

Right?! All this talk about the INT, but that mange infested dead muskrat on his face is the thing that worries me the most about his lack of judgment. Know your strengths Josh; buy a razor!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The room is dimly lit, DaBills sits staring into the darkness, a half-smoked camel in the ashtray on the table in front of him.  In his left hand he holds a glass of cheap whiskey, the ice melted like a young boys dream of Super Bowl success for his favorite football team. He always holds the glass in his left hand when troubled.

"I...don't know if I can do it again" he says to no one in particular.  "Since 1973 I've been watching these preseason games, hoping against hope to see...something....anything. It all seems too much."

The door behind him bursts open, sunlight bathing the room, and a giant of a man walks through.  Startled, DaBills7three looks up and asks "Be you an angel?".  "No. I'm just a guy from a message board son, and I'm here to tell you to put down the glass, throw out the camels, and sack the %#*^ up. We've had it way worse than this since 1973, and those smokes'll kill you."

or--go to You Tube and search for  things like Rothlesberger Bad Picks like I did.  It'll dull the pain. 

that was awesome and although my post was of staunch sarcasm, this post is the so ***** cool. not to get all technical and ruin the fun of it and all but I gave up drinking 6 years ago and although I did smoke camels at one time, I'm a marlboro man now, 72 reds.

thanks for that man, nothing like spreading some good humor, kudos

2 minutes ago, wiley16350 said:

I don't know who is sadder, me because I exposed a feeling I had during a rant or the person that felt the need to address a throw away line of no consequence that wasn't really the point of the rant.  poor fella to be so petty, or maybe just an ugly troll.  Yeah, I think I'm o.k.

don't let it get you down man, yeah, I'm a big ass ugly troll, that's it. have a good day, or at least try to as I know last nights PRESEASON game just had you all down and out.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

You knew the Billspolar would be out in full force after this game. After a good performance, "I love this team. Josh is gonna be a HOF'er." After a not so good one, "I hate this team. We're gonna suck this year. Who are we picking? Tua, Herbert, or Fromm?" 

Step away from the ledge people. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

that was awesome and although my post was of staunch sarcasm, this post is the so ***** cool. not to get all technical and ruin the fun of it and all but I gave up drinking 6 years ago and although I did smoke camels at one time, I'm a marlboro man now, 72 reds.

thanks for that man, nothing like spreading some good humor, kudos

don't let it get you down man, yeah, I'm a big ass ugly troll, that's it. have a good day, or at least try to as I know last nights PRESEASON game just had you all down and out.

I have been known to fire a remote at my tv over far less than what we saw last night. I'm talking about a November fit when truly all hope was lost by October.  The only thing that saved me was I have God-awful aim. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm fine with Allen last night.  Still looks like a winner tome.

The INT?  I'm fine with it, especially in pre season.  The only way to learn how to throw over the middle is to do it and to make some mistakes along the way.  The only way to learn to see the field is to look and throw.  He will continue to make mistakes that young qbs make.  Two or three years from now he will have mastered it. 

I hope your right  ! 

Go Bills !!!

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The throw was ugly but it's preseason

That IS the time to take some stupid risks and see what happens. Now he knows it doesn't fly in an NFL game

But that in essence is who Josh Allen is , a gunslinger who doesn't like to let plays die. I expect he will do that again in his career

So did Favre

Agree!

If he improves his completion percentage by say 5 to 8 percent, and he occasionally makes one of those throws, can live with it, would prefer he learns from it but that is who he is a true gunslinger.

• Like (+1) 1