Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Allen did execute the 2-minute drill to a T. Maybe he does need the early pitch-n-catches to get a rhythm because he looked totally out of sync until then.

Yep. I have commented on this with Josh before during the offseason. All QBs to an extent need rhythm but Josh seems to need it more than most. Once he is in in rhythm his timing improves and his accuracy is really solid. Most of the WTF inaccurate throws Josh Allen has had as a pro are when he is out of rhythm early in games and in drives. That is why for me he is not a QB you can go run, run, pass with and expect sustainable success. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SouthernBills said:

I want Josh Allen to be as good as anyone else, but let's be honest... Accuracy and decision making still seem incredibly shaky for a kid that appears relatively intelligent and carries himself well. We all buy in because he literally looks like he is from western NY and embraces the blue-collar culture yadayadayada. That BS roughing and should-have-been pick was especially expected as it unfolded. This is still the 56% passer in low-level D1. Uggh.

Come on man.  The one drive they took the brakes off the offense and Allen takes them down the field for a TD.  How can you judge Allen's performance when before that last drive he had only attempted FOUR passes and did not throw a single 1st down pass?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Apocalypse averted.  The Bills are actually winning the game and end the half on a great 95 yard drive for a TD.

It was clear they were working on the run game.  Allen was rarely in the shotgun before that last drive.  Even more critical was that before the last drive the Bills DID NOT attempt a 1st down pass.  For Allen, tonight was about getting his timing down on his hand offs and making run audibles at the LOS. 

We should be encouraged that on the one series they took the handcuffs off and let Allen run a two minute offense they went right down the field for a score. 

On the other side it was clear Detroit was working on their passing game and Stafford had a nice half.  This is what preseason games are for.  I suspect that BOTH teams got some quality first team work on the things they wanted to tonight.

stop being rational 

5 minutes ago, SouthernBills said:

I want Josh Allen to be as good as anyone else, but let's be honest... Accuracy and decision making still seem incredibly shaky for a kid that appears relatively intelligent and carries himself well. We all buy in because he literally looks like he is from western NY and embraces the blue-collar culture yadayadayada. That BS roughing and should-have-been pick was especially expected as it unfolded. This is still the 56% passer in low-level D1. Uggh.

Have you seen Baker Mayfield's stats tonight?