Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Now who's insane?

NOBODY is saying Allen should be guaranteed to start for the next "3 or 4 years".  But if Allen doesn't pan out Barkley won't be the answer another blue chip 1st round draft pick will be.

I don't think I have seen a fan-base more cocksure about a guy that hasn't done much at all. Certainly hyperbole by 3 to 4 years, but the confidence-level just seems off from what I've watched.

5 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

I like Barkley as a backup.   He is to this system what Matt Flynn was to the Packers.  An otherwise marginal QB who has found his niche.

I am not sure if Allen will succeed, but the next year or two is going to be finding that out.  He has the upside to be a great player if everything works out.  

Barkley may move the ball a little more consistently short term, but at best you would end up with a similar situation as Fitz or Tyrod.   A little change of pace and early success that goes pretty well for awhile until the defense figures them out within two years, bringing them down to earth and leaving Buffalo searching again for that franchise QB.

Very reasonable point. I completely agree. Swing away and draft two QBs a year until we find the guy. I hope like hell it's Josh. Nice kid. Amazing tangibles and intangibles. Just not sure he's a real ball player when the bullets start to fly. Cheers, Bills fans!

Edited by SouthernBills