Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

5 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Wade will get the whole 4h pre season game.

HA! I remember my son’s senior year when they were trying not to run up the score in the last game. Pulled my son and put in a backup. He had fun the first couple carries. You could tell after 5-10 carries trying to run the clock out......the fun was gone! They smack the crap out of you every carry! There was a reason my son came home on Friday nights with two bags of ice, then made crazy noises as he slipped into that tub! 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SouthernBills said:

This is actually a reasonable point about perceived upside/ceiling vs. floor. JA's upside is based very little on production. Bark was a Tier-1 recruit, played well at a great school, and has been a reasonably competent NFL QB by all accounts. Is JA's ceiling high because he was a highly-touted recruit? Did he tear up low-level college FB like say Carson Wentz? Did he have insane numbers against lower level comp? Did he put all the doubters to bed by showing something different in his rookie NFL starts? 

No he was incredibly inaccurate and incredibly athletic, which is what the knock has always been. What is crazy about questioning terrible decisions that demonstrate all his weaknesses in the most important preseason game? 

I like Barkley as a backup.   He is to this system what Matt Flynn was to the Packers.  An otherwise marginal QB who has found his niche.

I am not sure if Allen will succeed, but the next year or two is going to be finding that out.  He has the upside to be a great player if everything works out.  

Barkley may move the ball a little more consistently short term, but at best you would end up with a similar situation as Fitz or Tyrod.   A little change of pace and early success that goes pretty well for awhile until the defense figures them out within two years, bringing them down to earth and leaving Buffalo searching again for that franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Tyree looks like he could care less.  Next week we'll get four quarters of that.  Preseason should be over.

Anyone worried about the 4-0 curse..... should remember that we get a full 60 minutes of Tyree Jackson. We will be lucky if we end the game with positive passing yardage. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1