Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

Just now, Bills2ref said:

Correct. But he has to make it there first. You have to technically be cut from the active roster to do that. If another team comes along and offers him a spot on the active roster at that point I believe they would get him since active roster > practice squad. 

I don't believe that's the case for him though. The Bills can either have him on the active roster or use the exemption for the PS. He would only have to be cut to get on the regular PS

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Am I the only one impressed with Allen's sideline interview?  I'm not talking about the boiler plate stuff I'm talking about his calling out his one bad pass of the half.  He owned it and called it what it was "hero ball" and that he can't be doing dumb stuff like that. 

Like I said earlier, that terrible throw in a meaningless preseason games was the best thing that happened to Allen tonight.

This is insanity.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

He did mention something about shots of tequila at half time.

He just said he wondered if McD didn’t challenge that previous PI, if he would have challenged this one?  Huh!?!?  Then he was confused when the play was challenged by Patricia. 

1 minute ago, SouthernBills said:

This is actually a reasonable point about perceived upside/ceiling vs. floor. JA's upside is based very little on production. Bark was a Tier-1 recruit, played well at a great school, and has been a reasonably competent NFL QB by all accounts. Is JA's ceiling high because he was a highly-touted recruit? Did he tear up low-level college FB like say Carson Wentz? Did he have insane numbers against lower level comp? Did he put all the doubters to bed by showing something different in his rookie NFL starts? 

No he was incredibly inaccurate and incredibly athletic, which is what the knock has always been. What is crazy about questioning terrible decisions that demonstrate all his weaknesses in the most important preseason game? 

Overall he’s been sharp all TC and preseason. Were you making similar QB controversy barbs before tonight? After leading the league in pass attempts in preseason going into tonight, The Bills clearly were looking to establish the run game with their 1s. Look, it’s a great story to peddle that Bark should now be anointed as starter, but the bulk of where we’ve come from just doesn’t support that, sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Correct. But he has to make it there first. You have to technically be cut from the active roster to do that. If another team comes along and offers him a spot on the active roster at that point I believe they would get him since active roster > practice squad. 

Nobody else can claim him. There’s like 20 pages of a thread on this. 

If he is sent to the practice squad that is it for him. PS the entire year no matter what. Buffalo can’t elevate him and nobody can claim him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1