Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

C’mon 

Please. This is about upside versus ceiling. Not close. JA is off the charts with the former, and Bark bless his heart is a great caretaker who does well in situational spots. I like him too but pump the brakes a bit, as foils around here like to say. 

This is actually a reasonable point about perceived upside/ceiling vs. floor. JA's upside is based very little on production. Bark was a Tier-1 recruit, played well at a great school, and has been a reasonably competent NFL QB by all accounts. Is JA's ceiling high because he was a highly-touted recruit? Did he tear up low-level college FB like say Carson Wentz? Did he have insane numbers against lower level comp? Did he put all the doubters to bed by showing something different in his rookie NFL starts? 

No he was incredibly inaccurate and incredibly athletic, which is what the knock has always been. What is crazy about questioning terrible decisions that demonstrate all his weaknesses in the most important preseason game? 

Am I the only one impressed with Allen's sideline interview?  I'm not talking about the boiler plate stuff I'm talking about his calling out his one bad pass of the half.  He owned it and called it what it was "hero ball" and that he can't be doing dumb stuff like that. 

Like I said earlier, that terrible throw in a meaningless preseason games was the best thing that happened to Allen tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Allen owning up in his interview that he made a huge mistake by trying to make that one bad throw

EVERY QB does it.

Brett Favre, for example, made stupid throws all the time. Last time I checked he’s in the HOF.

Edited by njbuff

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It doesn't matter, he has the ability to be put on the PS as an 11th player but can't be taken off it during the season because of his status as an import player.

Correct. But he has to make it there first. You have to technically be cut from the active roster to do that. If another team comes along and offers him a spot on the active roster at that point I believe they would get him since active roster > practice squad. 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It doesn't matter, he has the ability to be put on the PS as an 11th player but can't be taken off it during the season because of his status as an import player.

It does matter. The official word is that if he is cut, he is exposed to waivers before the Bills have a chance to add him to the practice squad.