Gameday Thread Bills at Detroit 2nd Half

2 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Remember how many sacks were given up by the O-line last preseason? How many today?

Great point. 

I remember getting excited to be able to watch the Bills 3rd preseason game against the Cincinnati Bengals.  You had Josh Allen starting and I'm thinking now is the time to see if he was worth that 7th pick.  But what happened?  Nothing less then the worst offensive line performance I've ever seen.  They simply could not pass protect and Allen was either running for his life or having his center & guard pushed down his throat! 

It was a complete disaster and left the Bills brain trust wondering what the hell they were going to do for the opener.  They ended up cobbling together an O-line and Peterman "won" the QB job.  Or was it that the Bills coaches felt Peterman was expendable?  Either way week one went down in the record books as the worst 1st half offensive performance in history. 

Flash forward to tonight.  I trust we all see the difference and it's amazing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Tyree almost looks accurate.  Being in the gun on all plays helps.

Maybe he's calmed down after last game I mean it's not like he could be worse...unless he regular season Petermans but I'm pretty sure you have to anger an elder god for that to happen.

C’mon 

3 minutes ago, SouthernBills said:

You saying 'Are you serious?' about a QB controversy with two young QBs is telling about the JA hype train leaving the rails of reality. He was stat-wise one of the worst starting QB 1s in recent history and 5 of the best 6 or 7 QB1s in the league are 35+. Why is it crazy to think Barkley may be a similar force?

Please. This is about upside versus ceiling. Not close. JA is off the charts with the former, and Bark bless his heart is a great caretaker who does well in situational spots. I like him too but pump the brakes a bit, as folks  around here like to say. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

So you're pinning that first 3rd down to start the game on Allen? Perhaps he shouldn't have thrown it but it was on the money and Zay wasn't even paying attention despite the fact the play was designed to get him the ball. Yes, officials agreed to decline the interference penalty. Why are you being so confrontational? Let's enjoy the game. 

Why are you making false claims?

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Have to say with injuries and lack of flow this game couldn’t of gone worse if were talking official dress rehearsal. 

We clearly didn’t view it that way.  If we come out against the Jets and throw 6 times in the first half, this place will riot. 

Edited by SCBills

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Na, it won’t. He had earned it, catches what he should and is an impressive blocker 

He may have sealed Zay's fate.  Duke deserves to be on this team. He catches everything. 

How many drops has Zay had? 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Much better in which way? Certainly not in passing the football. 

He doesn’t make me shudder the way he did last week. I still don’t think he’s an NFL QB, and he certainly should have stayed in school. He just.....doesn't make me want to vomit as much.   

• Haha (+1) 2